Final Part II

Note: 18+ Content

Sam is such a good cook, he can make a meal out of the simple ingredients. He looks more at ease in the kitchen than anywhere else.

"Stark Industries huh? And what are you aiming for?"

"I am not sure, Pepper explained to me the hiring process and it is so extensive and long, I could end up anywhere in the organization. I am thinking probably legal department since I have the background."

While Steve is in the shower, we talk about how it was to see my family and going back to the house again. I tell him why I decided to move to New York.

"It is not home anymore." I tell him over the sound of frying eggs. "Mostly, everyone I care about is in this side of the country, and that house is just that, a house."

"So you are telling me you will be selling your apartment in DC and that mansion in San Francisco? How much is that? How many million is it worth now?" He speaks as he cuts some green onion, and I cringe because the knife is so close to his fingers I would have lost a finger already.

"My cousin Julia said it's worth 20 million."

Sam drops the knife.

"Are you kidding me?"

I shake my head.

"You could start your own business with that money." He flips the eggs.

"I am not an entrepreneur."

"You could not work for the rest of your life." He points out.

I make a face.

"And do what? Wait for Steve to comeback from missions and drive myself crazy? No thanks. Money will go to a new apartment, college funds, savings, and charity."

"College funds?" Sam can't hide his smirk.

"Liberty and Eagle's or your kids, or Sarah's kids, or someone's kids." I walk to the fridge and take the orange juice out.

"So you are considering naming your children that!" He points the spatula at me.

"No, I am not considering children at all right now." 

"Liberty and Eagle." He keeps chanting to himself.

"I will call yours Chick-fil-A and KFC if you don't quit." I warn him, laughing at my own joke.

"What is so funny?" Steve walks in, we practically match with our light wash jeans and white tank top.

"The name of your future children." Sam says.

I am not sure why I am embarrassed, but I feel my cheeks burn as Steve comes over to make his own coffee. He embraces me from behind. The way butterflies flutter in my stomach. Steve giggles as if he knows a secret I don't.

We eat the toast and eggs with coffee and orange juice. Keeping the conversation light until there is only coffee.

I tell Sam what happened in the house, and he is not happy to hear Bucky was close enough that he smashed my phone.

"I am going to..." his fists open and close.

"No, you are not. He had no intention of hurting me." I put my hand over his.

"You don't know that."

"I do." I quickly say. "I wouldn't be here if he had."

His jaw shuts close.

"I am okay Sam." I reassure him patting his hand one last time before letting go.

"Then what was he doing there?" He crosses his arms over his chest.