Brooklyn Part III

Note: 18+ content.

I have Steve give me a piggyback ride down the stairs. After coming up them and coming...on him... I am exhausted.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" I ask as we go down the dark stairs.

"No," he answers right away.

"Why not?"

"Do you?"

"I asked first."

"Well, I never seen one before."

"Did you have any scary stories growing up?"

He thinks about it for a minute.

"There is a family my mom told me about, you know we Irish people are very religious too, my mom's faith was catholic. She told me that in the journey from Ireland to here, she met with a very odd family. A widow and her 6 children.  They were fleeing their hometown because their home was haunted and had been chased out by their neighbors too. I guess the haunting did not stopped when they moved."

"Wait... wait... are you talking about the Murphy's? From ammm...uhhh... Cooneen?"

"How do you know that?"

"I googled it a long time ago, I remember reading about it... Your mom met them?!" I am astonished.

"Yeah, she told me something always felt wrong around them, the poor kids always had big shadows under their eyes because they took turns sleeping, and that at night there were voices that would come from their room but didn't belong to any of them."

"I can't believe it" I whisper.

"You do believe in ghosts, huh." He makes fun of me.

We are almost all the way down.

"We have a legend, a woman that after her husband cheated on her, went completely mad and drowned her own children in the river and then herself. She was sentenced to spend eternity roaming the earth looking for them. Crying foreeeeever. Haaaaaay mis hijooooos." I drop my voice low and tickle his neck with my fingertips.

Is it me or his breath catches? 

We are on the bottom floor now, and I climb down from his back.

In that moment a there was a loud nose from down the hallway, which makes both of us jump. We stare at each other wide eye through the dark before laughing at how spooked we got with a couple of ghost stories.

"Let's get out of here," he holds my hand and we exit the empty building.

We are back in the street when I pull out my phone to make a call. I hate the idea of showing up to dinner with empty hands, and I have something in mind.

"Good afternoon Miss Hernandez, how May I help you today?" The friendly voice on the other side answers.

"Hi Alissa, I am in Brooklyn right now and I am wondering where can I find a bottle of your Heart Of Lion Cabernet."

"Of course, there is a reserve at the Ritz, would you want this deliver?"

"Is it possible to get it deliver at Avengers Tower by 6PM?"

"Done. Anything I can help with?"

"Nothing else Alissa, you are the best."

"I appreciate it, have a good afternoon."

"Goodbye."

Of course Steve only caught half of the conversation.

"Is it time to go? I am dying for a shower." I whine.