The Party: Part IV

Note: 18+ Content

It's closer to 10 am when I wake up. Steve is not here, probably working out with Sam. I roll over to where he is supposed to be, hugging his pillow close to my body, inhaling deep.

I think how hard he is working, and here I am, still on bed. I really need to get a job, even though I am trust fund baby, I am not the Paris Hilton kind of trust fund.

I have to get to the kitchen and clean it before going to the grocery store, again, and get the ingredients for the cookies.

But first coffee.

I must be living in some kind of simulation, or I died and went to heaven, or a glitch in the matrix happened. I can't be this lucky. I am just not. I am the kind of person that has never had it. But here I am, standing in a spotless kitchen and the kettle on.

"Will be back in 5, we were out of eggos." Said the handwritten note on a post it on the fridge.

This can't be my life.

The door opens, and Steve walks in with a paper bag full of groceries.

"Good morning sweetheart." He smiles at me. He is on workout clothes, his shirt clinging to his pecks and shoulders like a second skin.

Fuck me.

"What?" He asks as he leaves the bag on the counter and leans in to kiss me.

"How am I suppose to function like a human when the only thing I want to do is jump your bones every time I see you." I seriously ask, "I need to do more with my life."

He laughs at me, his hands land over my hips.

"As tempting as having you tied up to my bed all day is, I wouldn't be able to function either. And sometimes the world depends on it."

"Captain... you make me blush."

"You know, it is making it hard for me to hear others call me Captain and not think of you moaning it out loud. You don't call me Captain outside of bedroom talk often, why?"

I pull away, I get the eggos out of the bag, and into the toaster.

"Well, I have to admit that you were Captain America to me before I met you, but that's who you are to everyone.Then I did meet you, and now you are simply... Steve." I shrug my shoulders. "I only take orders from a man in bed, Captain."

"Simply Steve, huh?" He closes in towards me with a steamy cup in hand.

"Yes, Simply Steve." I grab the cup and bring it to my lips, enjoying the aroma of the fresh ground coffee. "Happy Birthday Steven Grant Rogers."

The eggos pop out, and I pass him one on a napkin.
We drink coffee and eat our eggos just like that very first morning that feels a life time ago.

"There is something I've been thinking about." I say out loud, but I do not look at him. Instead I stare at the sink's faucet.

"What is it?"

"I've been thinking of going back to California, my parents house is still in San Francisco. I am bit lost lately regarding what I want to do next." I finally tell him.

"Is it something you want to do?" There is caution in his tone, even though he tries to keep it casual.

"I am not sure, but I need to move on with my life. There is so much pity I can get from a wound that has already healed." I show off my arm and the scar.

He traces its bumpy silhouette with his fingertip. I dare to look into his eyes now. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my shoulder.

"Also, I need you to promise me something." I tell him.