California Part V

Note: This chapter contains material some might find triggering.

Natasha arrived a little before 10 am. I am still naked in bed, really considering my life choices as to why I really thought I would not get hangover.

I am not 18 anymore.

"Raise and shine Sleepy Beauty!" Nat walks in, looking fresh and relaxed.

"Ugh! Why so loud? why so shiny?" I pull the covers over me and shut my eyes. My head is spinning still.

Her laugh is like birds chirping in the morning, it would be a lovely sound if it wasn't so damn loud.

"What? Did Steve fuck you to oblivion and now you can't walk?"

I finally uncover myself, not caring that she can see my boobs.

"Actually, he did."

Nat completely ignores my nudity, like I suspected she would, and tosses me my duffle bag.

"Come on, get ready, we have a long drive. I will fix something for your hangover."

She leaves the room, and I consider going back to sleep, but I have the feeling Natasha will drag me off my feet.

I expect to see a mess of a human in the mirror, but aside from my throbbing head, there is not reason to think I was that drunk last night.

I remember him washing me, it warms my heart that he also brushed my hair so it wouldn't get tangled. He really takes care of me and pays attention

to all the little details.

I am brushing my teeth when I see it. The hickie at the base of my neck, a little behind my shoulder. When?...

Scenes from our night flashback at me, the feel of the Harley's engine under my body as Steve licked and...

I touch the tender spot he left, and even though it kind of hurts now, remembering how much I wanted it last night makes me tingly all over.

My hair is long enough that it should cover it, and Natasha has probably already seen it.

I take some minutes to catch up on some texts, like Sam and Reyna. I ask her how her job is going, and that we won't be able to see each other on Friday.

I also invite her to Tony's party on Saturday. I know is a long flight, but I really would like her to be included in a little bit of the fun I am having.

I change into something comfortable for the ride, and try to find my way out, which takes me a while because I don't remember where we came from, and this place has many hallways.

Finally, I find Nat, well, she find me.

"Girl I've been looking for you for like 10 minutes."

"I... forget it." My brain is too scrambled to think. "What is that?"

"You are better off not knowing." She hands me the red cup. "Do not look at it, just drink."

It smells and looks like something I should not put on my body.

"Here goes to nothing." I close my eyes, pinch my nose, and force myself to drink it all. Think of puppies and cats, puppies and cats, puppies and cats. I tell myself. "Sadly, that is not the most disgusting thing I have tried."

Nat shakes her head, I notice she has curled her bob, it looks really cute.

"Ready?" she pads me on the back.

"Fine." I grunt and follow her to the driveway.

The day is perfect, just like I remember summers in California are, if you are fond of the heat like I am that is. We make a stop by Starbucks to grab a couple of drinks, I desperately need coffee, and then we are off to San Francisco, taking the Highway 1 and merging into the 101 at times.