Chapter 5

Note: Final Edit

How come that Superheroes are morning people? I could have gone for another two hours, but when I am woken up by a soft kiss on my cheek accompanied by a bit of scruffy stuble, you bet I will be up.

Natasha is gone, and Steve is on the bed instead. Not a bad sight to wake up to.

"Hi..." my voice is rough due to how dry my mouth is.

"Natasha got bagels and coffee in the next room." He tells me as his fingers brush some curls away from my face.

"No eggos?" I sit up.

His smile is devastating.

"No eggos, I am sorry."

"Alright, I will be there in a few minutes."

He stands up to give me room to do the same, and leaves me to change. I go the restroom and wash my face and brush my teeth. Thankfully my clothes were washed yesterday at Sam's, but I am dying to go back to normalcy, if that is even possible anymore.

I touch my cheek, the one he kissed, where I still feel the way his stuble tickled my skin. No, there is no going back to who I used to be.

I join them in the other room, which is the similar to the one I slept in, but instead of a TV console it has a small coffee table and couch.

As promised, I smell fresh brewed coffee and the bagels are on brown bags over the table. I sit by Sam on the floor, so I can eat and watch Steve's face at the same time.

"How did you sleep?" Sam asks me while passing me the cream cheese.

"Well enough, thank you for asking. I hope he didn't keep you up, Steve, with the way this man snores."

Steve has a nice side smile. I notices his bagel has a mountain of cream cheese on it. Very new yorker of him. I didn't even know there were good bagels until I moved to the east coast, and I am still judged by how little I put on them.

"I had to sleep in the bathroom." Steve answers me.

"Alex kicked me." Nat adds to the conversation.

"Only after you used me as a body pillow for two hours." I sip my coffee, it is a little bitter for my taste, but I still like the rush of energy it gives me.

"I couldn't avoid it, you are so comfy."

I shake my head and take a bite of the bagel. We eat in silence for a while, until it's time to get on with the planning. Basically, Natasha will use the computer to make the burner phone appear as Alexander Pierce's number on Sitwell's. Then, he is going to threaten him and get him in the car that I will be driving.

"Why do you get to drive?" Sam protests.

"Because technically I own the car? And I am a great driver." I answer.

"You are the worst driver ever, you just got a speeding ticket last time I let you use my car."

"Exactly my point."

He rolls his eyes at me.

"What can make this guy really afraid so he will get in the car? Is not like I can point a gun right at him." Sam turns his attention to Nat and Steve.

"Not necessarily, but we can make it seem like we are." Nat answers his questiom by pointing a tag laser people use for cats at his chest.

I almost choke on my coffee laughing.

"You are going to have to put your mean face on Sam." I poke his ribs.

He bats my hand away.

"Natasha and I will be in the car with Alex, and we will drive back to our apartment building, we will take him to the rooftop and that's when we will get him to talk. You will have to be ready to catch him, Sam, when we let him fall from the top." Steve explains the rest.