Reconnect

May was really worried , his friends have said they haven't seen peter since two days it's Sunday night but peter is not hime yet. It's been four days , she remembers peter getting late and Ben left to search for him. Ben died saving peter that's what the peers told the police which police revealed to May, and she had been bitter to Peter every since. She know it wasn't his fault Ben put himself between the mugger and peter. She had hit him that night telling it all his fault because she want someone to blame to. Peter took all of her torment , treated , took her to mental health check up hell he'd do all the chores while May had gotten into a trance for consecutive months after Ben's death. She doesn't remember much but peter had taken so much care. Now that she thinks about it this all sounds stupid , she was being stupid by not talking to her nephew coz he reminds him of Ben , thinking he's the reason Ben is dead .

The boy lost his parents at 5 , got abused in the system for 6 months before they adopted him , then got sexually abused by his babysitter for while Ben and her had been oblivious until peter told them. He even didn't told them that he was bullied by his classmates , he never complained he never did. Ben found out when he saw his bullies hitting him , she remembers how bad he looked , he was half dead when Ben brought him home and they had to admit him in the hospital for good 2 weeks. Then again an incident happened months before Ben death , he came severely ill from the field trip , but she wasn't there to look after him. Ben told her that he was in immense pain , writhing in pain , silent screams and heavy breathing, Ben who never cried had tears in his eyes.

Now that she recalls she has been so stupid and she feels so so terrible "I am terrible parent" she's sobbing so bad that she doesn't notice peter walk in the house and panics seeing her crying.

" Aunt May, aunt May, please look at me , I'm home" he tries calm her down. She looks at him and then pulls him into hug crying clutching him , she can't lose peter too , he's all she has left , she's all he has. They cry hugging each other like and peter pulls away May looks at peter and feels terrible. Peter feels bad for making his Aunt worry. " I'm sorry Aunt May ,...I...a guy tried mug me , then a friend came and took in ...he insisted I stay with him...for few days because we ran out of fuel...and there was no other transportation besides...his friend's" he says sheepishly , yet shamefully for lying to his aunt. Thankfully his aunt buys it and ask him to say where he goes before he leaves.

May is still feeling bad about this whole fiasco , she can't help it. She receives a mail from the doctor who had asked her to take few tests.

To: May parker

I am sorry to inform you that the test has been positive..it appears you have stage three cancer. It had relapsed again. We can still try May please you have try for your nephew I know there's not much bills you could pay but I hope you make your decision fast and get admit in the hospital this week itself. We'll start the treatment from Wednesday. I'll help out as much as I can.

Regards
Dr. Joseph Collins

Peter had been observing Aunt May's health had been deterring over few months. He recently did a scan of her and found out she had cancer but he didn't what do about it. He must ask his aunt to get admitted in hospital as soon as possible bad hopes she might take his advise because he doesn't wants lose may but a part his mind tells him she won't make it.

That night his sleep plagued with Aunt May's death , he couldn't sleep , sleep comes hard to peter , he wakes shaken up totally , sweat drenching his clothes making them stick to his skin he was gasping and at verge of panic attack. He hears whiz calling to him asking him to take deep breathes. He does and eventually calms down. He comes down to the kitchen and makes some hot cocoa whilst whiz keeps him distracted with his wild new projects. He laughs when she lets him know that Matt and wade tried to enter his room. Whiz showed him the footage.

May hears noise from the living room only to find peter laughing with a halo head floating from his watch. Sensing her peter and the halo head looks at May.

"Hey May"

"Hey , what you got there"

"Oh umm this is whiZ, whiz may , may whiz , she's my A.I. and my best partner crime , sorta of like your grandchild" he adds last bit chucking.

May looks fondly at both of them. She plops besides and hugs her nephew who snuggles closee to May , whiz coos at peter being adorable.

"May"

"Yeah?"

"So..."

"Mmm?"

"I asked whiz to scan earlier this week and I found out that you had stage three cancer so I was working on cure while I stayed at my friend's"

May pales knowing peter knew.

"That's so sweet of you petey but I ...I am horrible person...I...I.."

"No one deserves die May, I know you feel bad for treating me that way...if you think I am mad yea I was but I forgave you long time ago...you had the right mad at me too...if only I had uncle Ben that day..." Peter sats almost crying

"You know she doesn't have much time there is 88.9% chance you won't make it even with treatment" whiz says her voice is full of sadness and May wonders if she's hallucinating or something like that

"Whiz..." Peter says and starts to cry he knows he knows she's going to die but he can't help it...he's human too afterall.

They sit like that. May takes day off and peter is on leave at school , they spend time with each other snuggled in the couch , peter making jokes and making his Aunt happy from Time to time.

___________________________________________

Well that's just depressing , May's gonna die...(╥﹏╥) I didn't plan this but oh well it's happening. But hey cheer up good on to the ride look forward for another chapter....soon