how Nick adopted peter

A week ago...

He wasn't expecting a call from his godson's aunt , but when he did , he cancelled the meeting with the Avengers , scolded his agents to have not kept an eye on Spider-Man who went MIA , and got in the car , never had he felt so nervous in his goddamn life , well he has but yeah anyways , broke the goddamn traffic rules and arrived in record time at the hospital where he was asked to come.

If getting a call from May was unexpected, then seeing her in the hospital bed with so many machines sticking to her frail body was something he wished he hadn't see ,he had a vague idea why he has been summoned.

"Nick , you're here , come take a sit , we have so much to talk"

"Hello May , what happened , I..."

"Stage 3 cancer , the doctors might not say me this ,but I know , I won't make it"

"...but I.. I don't understand , I came by like a week or two ago...May how?"

" ...Nick , I just ...please take care of my peter , I...I don't want him to go into the system , it's horrible...when I went to adopt a kid before peter came along"

"May...I...my line work...he would be in danger..."

"for F-k sake Nick , he is your goddam godson and as for danger , he was trained by the most deadliest martial artist..."

"but May..."

"Don't give me excuses Nick , he was trained by Shang chi , he can protect himself in the face of danger, don't let my nephew to the hounds in the CPS , he needs someone , at least 2 years , just 2 years...Ni-i-i..."

"May , hey , hey , I promise I will take care of Peter"

"T-Thank Y-You"

He left May with a promise he was willing to keep , that he will take care of Peter.

Present time...

Nick Fury walked inside the hospital like he had promised to adopt peter , he had asked the nurse to inform him about May if something goes wrong.

His heart broke seeing peter staring at seemingly nothing...but he also noticed he wasn't alone , is that Shang chi? , Dr. Connors ? Wade Wilson? That guy is still alive? And another person who he didn't know.

Wade was talking to peter , who didn't seem to be listening. The guy with red glasses and walking stick was talking to Connors and Shang chi.

'May wasn't lying about Shang chi...the leader of ten rings organization'

"Nicholas Fury"

"Shang chi"

Both fury and Shang acknowledged each other stoically.

"What are you doing here ? Fury" Shang asks suspiciously

"I am here for peter , my godson" he states

"you don't have any right to take peter" Shang says angrily , this person had totally abandoned his pupil and brother after his parents died.

The man in red glasses and wade tilt their head doubtfully , looking between Shang and Fury.

Nick approaches peter , kneeling with one knee on the floor coming to his eye level.

Peter looked at him with those red rimmed eyes , "Uncle Fury" he whispered.

"hey Pete"

Peter just nods to say as if he's listening.

"I promised May , I'd take you in , if something unfortunate like this happens"