Standing up to his Bully

Peter didn’t had proper sleep that night,  Matt knew this , but when wade insisted peter go to school before he even woke up , that instant Matt wanted to swat Wade in his head but anyway he hold back from doing so. Matt tried to help peter through his nightmares he did succeeded first two times but last time not much he couldn’t and peter finally couldn’t sleep anymore and had woken up at 4 am leaving Matt. Matt didn’t question where peter was going it would be stepping in his boundaries so he didn’t dare ask. Wade was sound asleep , as he was heavy sleeper

However in present ,  peter couldn’t concentrate in class , he was feeling so sleepy every now and then his eyes would droop and his head would loll From side to side , then he might shake his head as if trying to wake himself up. But he couldn’t fight his sleep anymore and gave in to tiredness in his body from crying and emotional turmoil he went through last night.

Gwen looked at him with understanding look , unaware the MJ was observing her. Ned took notes so he could lent them to Peter later.

Ned wondered ‘maybe he didn’t get sleep’

MJ had something else in her mind as she thought ‘I have seen him dose in the class before but this is different , like that occasion he was going through something , hope nothing bad had happened , he’s like brother to me and I can’t see him hurt'

Gwen mostly felt guilty , biting her lower lip , a habit of her which she does when she’s worried , she thought  ‘he might have patrolled all night, peter I am so sorry I misunderstood you , I know it wasn’t your fault , but I still blamed you , I am aware how much you had to go through when I was away for 5 years in England , peter I really missed you , you were best friend since a long time , maybe even more , what If he had girlfriend now , I just hope not ,……I won’t be able to forgive myself, if something happened to you, I can’t protect you , but at least I can make sure you’re ok’. Gwen had started crying , she didn’t even realise she was crying as she thought about Peter.

MJ being the ever so observant person she was nudged Gwen and handed a tissue seemingly from nowhere, which she took grateful and wiped her tears and thanked MJ.

During Lunch break , Ned couldn’t help but ask

“Dude , you’ve been sleeping half-day , is everything alright?”

“yeah loser , what happened ?” MJ adds , peter looked From MJ and Ned, smiling sadly knowing how much they cared ,he replies “ it’s just Aunt May , she got hospitalized the other night and so I didn’t have much sleep”

“Is Aunt May ok?” MJ asks concerned , she knew from her time with peter , that he had lost so many people ‘why life is so unfair to you’

“well…” peter begin as some tears spilled from his eyes freely , he quickly wipe them with his sleeves and continue to speak “….she was recently diagnosed with cancer and the doctor says she has very less time”

Peter’s eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. Ned and MJ had a sympathetic look on their faces , they don’t know how help it was sad. As gloomy atmosphere had set in the table, a voice pulls them out of their spiraling thoughts.

“Hey guys …..um what happened?”

It was Gwen who had come to sit with them ,  peter just turned away from her and lay on the table , he wasn’t planning on eating  , even if he did he might puke , it was too much.

“Oi , New girl , why don’t come sit with us , instead of those nerds , if you wanna look cool that is , Puny parker hadn’t gotten his regular” A voice , peter absolutely doesn’t like hearing speaks.

Flash comes and grabs Gwen by her waist , groping her  , making her feel uncomfortable. Gwen has just frozen In her  place , she couldn’t even utter a word , seeing MJ speaks up.