Taking a day off

Fury decided to take some time from shield , so he could help peter settle and bond while doing so. He doesn't what he feels about Peter yet , to him , he is the only reminder of his friends , their essence flows in him. If he recalls correctly , he had a hard time finding Peter's details digital , so did some digging and found out really old hard copies and the information shocked him even infuriated him , yes he understands peter lost all his parental figures , but sexual harassment case filed of him , peter was victim to sexual harassment and he had no idea how it affected Peter. Fury decided Peter might need lot of care and reassurance. Fury investigated further and came to the door of Peter's old teacher at middle school who was fired. He found out about Peter being bullied. He felt really bad for that kid.

'only god knows how you're holding up , why didn't you fight back peter?'

After a long night and early investigation , He arrived at his home, he assumes both the teens might be asleep besides he had the key hidden in the plant pot beside the entrance.

He walked in as quietly as possible as to not wake up the teens. He got himself some water. He slightly opened the door and peeked inside. His jaw dropped when he saw his nephew and his daughter snuggled close to each other sleeping in the bed.

But then peter abruptly shot up from his bed , blinking rapidly , looking around for the disturbance. Once his eyes land on Fury, his eyes glowed faintly. Fury didn't notice. The rest you know.

"Dad I can explain"

"I thought you were friends"

"we are"

"uncle Fury, I...can I talk to you for a minute alone"

MJ nods and goes to her room to get ready leaving peter with Fury.

"what is it peter?" fury asks his voice so soft that no one has ever heard it , except for MJ , Colson , Carol and Maria.

"...Umm...did you look for my file on database"

"Oh...well why would I do that" Fury lies

"Umm I don't know , coz you know near to nothing about me except that you're friends with my parents"

"I didn't"

"don't lie to me"

"I am not"

"Yes , you are"

'how can he tell I am lying...' Fury thinks stunned

"...I know no one will be able to tell when superspy like you lies but I do...it's complicated"

"complicated?"

"Hey dad , what are we having for breakfast?"

"Oh you're back Michelle, don't worry I will get to it ...And you young man this talk is not over"

MJ walked looking to Peter who has walked out of the room as her dad did to , to sit on the sofa in the living room.

"eh , why do you look spooked"

"hmm?"

"peter , did dad scare you?"

"No MJ , it's just something he did , he went behind my back to find my file"

"oh well he's just like that, don't worry ...are you taking a day off?"

"Yeah"

"Do you want me to stay?"

"What no"

"if you say so"

MJ leaves giving one suspicious glance towards peter and leaves.