𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 10

"Phil," I croaked.

He never said a word, he just stared at me never verbally acknowledging me but instead expecting me to read his mind.

"What are you even doing in London?" I asked.

"What so I can't come here now," he snapped.

"I didn't say that"

"It's International Week so I have to come down; you should know"

"It's a bit early for that," I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say something?"

"No"

The conversation was constantly replaying in my head making me one realise the foolishness I had put myself under. He was never in love with me. The way he acted so cold towards me was all the evidence I needed to know how much of a fucked up, toxic relationship I had been in and it made me break down all over again.

It was freezing on Tuesday morning when I got to St George's Park. It was the cool autumn breeze that blew through there that made me reach for more layers that morning. I fumbled around with my belongings before reluctantly turning around to go and finally do my job.

I walked through the doors that reminded me of a once happy time. It was only a couple of months ago that these were the happiest times of my life.

The first person I saw was John.

"Hey little one," he chuckled bringing me into an embrace. "You good? I was one of your door knockers"

"I feel a lot better and I mean it was all down to you," I grinned.

"Hey that isn't fair!" exclaimed Ben coming into the conversation. "I passed you letters through the letterbox. That was a good idea"

"Well..." Trent started as he waltzed over.

"Oh not you as well," I groaned.

"I gave her motivational speeches"

"And I..." said Mason coming from behind me.
"I gave her life and team update every single day without fail"

I was soon in the centre of most of the England Squad; them telling me their stories of knocking on my door.

"... it was not funny Rash I'm telling ya!" exclaimed Jadon. "I do a proper good roadman impression you just are jealous of my talents"

"Yeah, yeah," replied Marcus, all of us still laughing about Jadons impressions.

Then he walked in. It went silent. Very silent. It was as silent as it could get; a pin could be dropped and everyone would hear it. It wasn't an awkward silence. We all knew what was going on but refused to admit it.

"Right you lot let's start otherwise I'm the one getting the walloping from the gaffer," I yelled before jogging off to the field.

"Good training session Ace," Mason grinned as he walked alongside me to the gym.

"It ain't done yet; don't get your hopes up," I laughed.

"Yeah ok. I wanna see how hard you would work us," smirked Mason. "If we're all aching and not being able to move by the end, I will do you a favour."

"A favour?"

"Yep"

"Bet," I said before jogging up to catch up with Jack.