𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 20

"Did you tell him?" asked Trent.

"No because if this gets out, everything is ruined," Tanith replied.

Keeping herself occupied wasn't something that Tanith found easy. The March Camp was coming up and most importantly, the EFL Cup Final. She was nervous knowing that the people closest towards her were on opposite sides. More importantly, it was the fact that the pact that her and Mason had made was constantly playing in her head. Being a Liverpool fan, she knew who she would be supporting but when it came to Mason and their pact, she couldn't think straight.

She had been staying in London the whole week, saying bye to her friends and packing up her apartment. She had resisted the urge to go and see the Chelsea midfielder. Part of her just wanted to run into his arms and another wanted to avoid him at all costs. What she didn't know was that the boy was feeling the exact same way.

The Chelsea midfielder felt empty for the most part but part of him just didn't know what would go down on Sunday. All week, the squad and him had gone through vigorous training and constant one-to ones with Tuchel on the game plan and how they were going to approach the game. The whole squad new about the pact, even Tuchel himself who felt for the player knowing the immense pressure he had put himself under.

For the last session they had before the game, the players were in the changing rooms getting ready to leave. It was only right that the captain gave a motivational speech.

"Boys, we have worked hard in this competition to get into the final, we deserve a win and we won't go down without a fight. Liverpool are tough, but it's not like we haven't beaten them before. All I can say is play your best and hope to gain a win," said Jorghino.

"It's not even a choice to win, we have to win, we have to put everything into this game," snapped Mason letting his anger get the better of him. Everyone knew best not to argue with him; everyone knew what was happening. All they could was give him a pat on the back as they exited the changing rooms.

Soon it was just Mason and the two teammates who were closest to him; Ben Chilwell and Kai Havertz. 

"Are you sure you're good?" the German asked him not knowing whether it was a good time to talk to him or not.

Mason just sighed and collapsed down defeatedly.

"I'm so fucking sick of playing a game that we don't realise we're even playing. I'm head over heels for her, I'm ridiculously in love with her and my stupid actions are the ones that are tearing us apart. We have to win on Sunday, it's not a choice. I have to score for her, I have to dedicate a goal to her. As long as we win, I have a chance of winning her back but if not it's over and I don't know what I'll do then."

Tanith new that she would be at the final but for a reason that no one but Trent and her knew was that she was there temporarily working for Liverpool FC; more importantly Jürgen Klopp. This was exactly what would ruin her closest friends in the opposing team knowing that she knew their strengths and more importantly weaknesses. She had never have thought that she would be able to have this sort of honour, taking over the role of a personal trainer at the club she had been supporting since she was 8 years old. It was only a temporary fix of course, only whilst the normal trainer was off with illness.

She dreaded knowing that soon her friends would be finding out; especially Mason Mount. It wasn't exactly hard to guess, her being in a Liverpool coat and sitting in the dugout.

"And in the Liverpool dugout, we see a familiar face but not in a familiar place. Tanith Auclair is the appointed England trainer but she is seen today making an appearance working for Liverpool clearly from her coat and place in the dugout. She was just seen comforting Thiago as it has just been confirmed that hes become injured in warm-ups. She is now seen currently heading through the tunnel; most likely to give a last minute talk to the players. You've seen it here first; maybe Tanith Auclair is moving to Liverpool. What will that mean to other teams?"