𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 14

I was lost for words.

My mouth went dry and everything else around me was a blur.

I stood there shocked and with eyes of horror as I looked at him and Haley.

I didn't think that I could get any words out of my mouth; I was just standing there clueless.

I put my hand over my mouth as I could feel the tears starting to prick my eyes.

My breathing was getting heavy.

And so I ran. I ran out of that building and I didn't stop running. I ran and ran and ran and ran. By the time I had stopped out of breath, I didn't know where I was.

My feet were bruised and cut as my heels had fallen off on the way.

All I could do was breakdown. I sobbed. I screamed. I shouted. I kicked a near by tree in frustration but it did nothing. It didn't take the pain away.

The pain of betrayal.

The pain of anger.

The pain of defeat.

Wherever I had ended up was on some country lane as the bare minimum of cars went past.

But thank god there was a car that was familiar to me.

"JACK!" I screamed.

The car stopped. The door opened. And Jack Grealish came running out.

I ran and ran into him as we hugged and I sobbed.

"Come on, it's ok," he whispered. "You're ok"

"But I'm not Jack. I'm really not," I said. "I am so sick of myself. I'm sick of telling myself that everything is ok but it's not. I hid it from everyone. Now people are gonna take me as vulnerable. As the girl who bought an illness upon herself. People are gonna feel sorry for me. I didn't want that Jack. And Haley said it in front of everyone. Everyone Jack.

"Come on love let's get you home," he whispered before ushering me into his car.

"I know about Fin and you," he sighed as we were silently making our way back to my apartment.

"I'm sorry Jack. I should have told you," I said.

"No it's fine. I think you're both right for each other, I'm happy for you my love," he grinned squeezing my hand.

"Are you sure; you're not mad or angry or anything are you?" I asked worriedly turning to face him.

"How could I ever be mad at you my love?" he whispered. I gave him a small smile as his eyes stayed fixated on the road ahead.

Getting into my apartment felt like a chore as my feet hurt every time I walked.

"Do I need to be your Prince Charming and help you walk?" he mused scooping me up into his arms.

I squealed.

"Jack put me down," I laughed.

"Not if you want your feet to break off tomorrow love," he said as he opened my apartment door and lowered me to the ground.

"You can stay for a bit if you want? I'm just gonna get changed and then I was gonna make some tea if that sounds good?" I asked heading to my room.

"I'll be out here waiting Auclair," he joked as he sat down on the sofa.

call list

missed calls from 'mase' (31)

missed calls from 'willow- taylors version)' (26)