𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 17

"How long are you going to keep playing this game Mount," the brummie daringly asked, too intoxicated by the burning sensation of alcohol to care for how wrong this was.

"However long it takes for you to realise you can't stay away from me; that you keep coming back to me," the brunette boy replied taking another sip of his drink whilst keeping eye contact with the girl in front of him.

"I should hate you Mount; I should be staying away from you," whispered the girl edging forward to bring their faces closer together.

"And how exactly do you intend to stick with that plan Auclair because you're not exactly doing well," he smirked.

"Well it's not my fault you're in love with me or something," she taunted back.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself darling; everyone loves a good enemies to lovers trope," he whispered into the girls ear, them both being dangerously close now.

"I'm in relationship," the girl muttered pushing the brunette boy back.

"Get out of it," he replied back.

"God we're so drunk," she laughed.

The brunette boy took a minute to admire the girl in front of him; the girl he could never truly call his. The girl that was always somehow too far to reach.

"I should go; Findley's coming over," I sighed.

"You know you're leading him on," said the boy.

"I genuinely like him, and you can't be the one to pull me out of this" snapped the girl before she fled the apartment, hoping to try and save a crumbling relationship.

"Hi."

"It's a bit nostalgic this situation isn't it? You coming home smash drunk, and then claiming it was just a harsh night out?" Findley sighed frustratingly.

"I'm sorry."

"But then I also get that response every time too or maybe it's another lie to cover up the truth," he sighed again.

"Where were you last night? I just want to know. You don't have to talk about anything else, I'm not going to get angry, just please tell me where you were Tanith"

"I was with Mase."

"Of course," he muttered.

"Nothings happening ok? I just need someone to talk to sometimes." Tanith replied, not trying to dwell on the situation.

"And you can't talk to me? I want to be here for Tanith I really do, but it's hard for me to if you're constantly with him," pleaded Finley.

"I'm not constantly with him!"

"Oh come on, you're with everyone but me!" he snapped.

"Don't you dare"

"You're in love with him," he concluded.

"What?"

"Tanith Auclair loves Mason Mount," he said.

"What?"

"We should end this is, it's best for both of us," he said.

"What?"

"I'm saying, you're keeping your feeling under lock and key, you need to realise who your feelings are for," he said.

"What? I'm not- I'm not in love with him!" she exclaimed.

"You're blind that's why, everyone can see it but the two of you," he laughed. "You should go, talk to him"

"But what about us?" she asked.

"It's over, and it's probably for the best," he smiled pulling the girl in for a hug and placing a kiss on her head. "I'm rooting for you two, go on"

"Thank you," the girl whispered.

"Never a favour too big Auclair"

The urge to talk the Chelsea player was continuously playing on the girls mind which led to her ending up on his doorstep.

She was hesitant to ring to doorbell, knowing that she wasn't sure if she was ready to make her mind up yet.

In the end she did it. She took Sasha's advice.

"Go and do something scandalous Tanith; life is too short to hold grudges."

The wait for the door to open took long enough for Tanith to contemplate whether she should turn away.

The door did open, revealing the Chelsea player she had been hoping to talk too.

"Ace ," was all he said as the brunette saw the girl in front of him. "It's three in the morning; is everything okay?"

"Um can I come in?" Tanith asked.

Mason ushered the girl in.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," the girl muttered under her breath.

"What do you mean? Is everything okay?" Mason asked, confused by what had fuelled Tanith to come to him.

"I lo-..."

"Mason, who was at the door?" asked a girl from behind the door.

Tanith snapped back to see the blonde girl: Haley Bullock.

She was lost for words. She just didn't know what to think, more pressingly who to trust. She somehow knew that this would end badly, anyone who she confesses her love for just go running away. She was used to this happening; to used to it that she didn't need to cause a drama.

"Go fuck yourself Mason Mount"

She sobbed and cried relentlessly as soon as she got out the door. She may put up a strong front, but the girl was broken inside. All it took was for her to get her heart broken once again to realise that maybe London was just toxic for her; the place and the people.

So she called a friend; someone she could rant to who had nothing to do with the situation, completely out of the picture. Someone who had nothing to do with the footballers in London.

"Hey Jones! Sorry its such a stupidly late call but I was wondering, if I come up to Liverpool now, would you be there?"

"I'll stick to my promise; I'll be there"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" asked Curtis Jones, the brunette and the two Liverpool players standing in Trent's apartment.

"I'm sure. Londons fucked me up, Manchesters fucked me up and it's only here and Birmingham that are left."she sighed. "I'm gonna have to resign first, and then I'm gonna have to deal with my best friends that I actually have there and then the biggest of them all; I have to deal with social media."

"If you want to do it, you should do it now," said Trent. "Who else knows?"

"Well I obviously told Bella and Willow and then I told Jack and Chilly as well," Tanith brunette.

The two Scousers put their arms around her.

"I think it's time for you to pay London it's last goodbye"