𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 16

Tanith Auclair manoeuvred around the crowds of people at the charity hall to try and find Trent. Again. Her dress being so puffy made it hard to get past people causing her to cause the one person she didn't want to see tonight.

"Hey watch it Ace," he whispered in my ear. I gulped. One of his arms were around my waist and another on my shoulder catching me before I would of fallen. I was not gonna make this a romantic movie scene so I quickly pushed them off.

All he did was smirk.

"You look stunning darling," he smiled.

"Yeah thanks. Listen have you see Trent?"I asked.

"Last time I saw he was with the squad," he sighed.

I nodded before trying to hunt down Trent again.

"You idiot Trent," I mumbled as I finally found him talking to Curtis Jones.

"Hi to you too Tanith," Trent smiled sweetly putting an arm around me.

"And you're not gonna say hi to me too?" questioned Curtis smirking at me.

"Shut up idiot," I laughed giving him a hug.
"It seems like every time I come down to Liverpool, you disappear!"

"I'm a mysterious man Auclair," he chuckled.

The rest of the ball went away, partying, dancing and drinking which led to Tanith having another conversation with Curtis Jones.

"Ok so are you team Tom or Andrew?" he questioned.

"Of course I'm team Andrew. Andrew Garfield supremacy!" I laughed.

"I'm gonna have to agree with you," he said.

"I don't care who I'm with, I'd dump them in a heartbeat for Andrew Garfield or Alex Turner," I giggled.

"You even have good music taste," laughed.

"Of course I do, I don't just listen to Becky Hill," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry Jones but I've come to steal her away from you," said Mason as he was approaching us.

I frowned. What was he up to?

"Ahh well I'll see you soon Tanith. I promise I'll be in Liverpool the next time you come up," he grinned.

"I'm gonna hold you to that Jones," I smirked before he walked down the hallway leaving Mason and I alone.

I turned around to see him staring straight at my face, right into my eyes.

"What were you doing with Jones?" he grumbled.

"I was just talking to him; I'm sorry I didn't think that it was a crime. I think that's besides the point anyways. Why did you have the nerve to stop me?" I snapped.

"Calm down Tanith I'm trying to have a civil conversation with you,"  he smirked.

"Just let me go," I said through gritted teeth as I turned to leave but he tugged on my wrist pulling me back around.

"Not so fast Ace," he whispered against my ear.

"Mase what are you..." I started.

"Shhhhhh," he whispered placing his finger to my lips.

"I think we've looked at each other a little to long to be just friends," he whispered as I felt his hot breath tickling my neck and my breath hitched.

"Look Mase you should..."

"I want to feel your lips too badly. The thought of your lips on my neck drives me fucking insane. I am smash drunk but I will gladly slam you against the wall and make out with you."

Was this the feeling of attraction all over again?

Finley.

Was I falling in love with the wrong person?

Finley.

Is it right person wrong time?

Finley.

We were inching closer and closer to our lips touching before I pulled away.

"We can't Mase. I have Finley and I can't do this to him," I murmured.

I felt his hands snake around my waist as he pulled our faces even closer, so they were only inches apart.

"Ace I want you to tell me this is wrong because if you do, I will walk away and this was all a big mistake ok?" he murmured.

I gulped. It was wrong. But was it? I felt something, something I hadn't felt in a long time.

"Stop it please just stop," I shouted and he staggered back.

"Fuck Tanith, fuck," he groaned running his hand through his hair in frustration. "God you're making this hard for me"

"Hard for you to do what?" I whispered.

"You're making it hard for me to not admit my feelings toward you!" he said; a voice that was full of hurt and anger.

"You can't do that Mase," I mumbled avoiding all eye contact with him.

"Why, tell me why I shouldn't just shut you up by kissing you," he whispered.

"Because if you do, I'll have to admit my feelings for you," I sighed in frustration.

"And why is that a problem?"

"Because I don't trust you," I whispered, on the verge of tears and coming to the realisation of my fear. "I'm scared of trusting you because I don't want to lose my trust to someone else all over again"

My eyes were full of tears right now and still he leaned forward and pressed a small kiss to my lips; it wasn't a kiss of desperation and need but one that was much softer.

"Tell me why you don't trust me and I'll do anything to gain it again", he whispered giving my hand a squeeze.

"It's over Mase. The one thing no one knew about me and I trusted you with it. You couldn't even keep your promise and you told Haley. I don't think you understand. You broke my heart. My break- up with Phil made me realise that maybe I had fallen for the wrong guy. Because you know what Mount. I was falling for you. It was so hard to see you with Haley, to act like I didn't hate her, to act like I was just nothing to you. But it wasn't like that was it? Maybe it was jealousy I felt. But maybe that's what's it's like to have too see someone you love too much not recognise you in the way you want them too. I didn't want to be the other girl. I don't think you understand how much you hurt me because you lost my trust and I don't think it's gonna be easy to get it back."

"Tell me we aren't just friends. This doesn't make much sense," mumbled Mason, the hurt in his eyes evident.

"Maybe we just need to stay away from each other for a bit? I'll see you around Mount"

"So are you going to tell me what happened with Mason?" asked Trent as we were in the car heading to Liverpool.

"Nothing."

Lie.

"Don't lie to me Auclair. I know somethings happened; this car rides been quiet since we left," he sighed.

"It was just a small kiss I swear," I mumbled.

Lie

"Oh really? I'm not stupid Tanith," he laughed.

"Friends. That's all," I muttered.

"I've seen that guy almost snap his neck because he heard your laugh and wanted to see why you're laughing. But yes, carry on telling me you're just friends"

friends by chase atlantic
that's all i have to say

ALSO THE ALEX TURNER STORY PREVIEW IS OUT <33
i'm gonna start to update after i have finished this story

sorry for the long wait
ily lots <3