Chapter 10

Madeline is stood outside the hotel after just getting out of the taxi. She is hoping she's been brought to the right place.

Rolling her suitcase through she makes her way to the reception desk as her phone starts buzzing. It was Kam.

"Everything ok?" Madeline asks as she answers the phone. She pulls up by the nearest side wall to answer the call. "Yeah, all good over here. I just wanted to see..." Madeline rolls her eyes. "I haven't seen him yet no. But I'm sure I will in the social meeting later this evening" You could hear the sigh in Kams voice. "I will get the socials back" Madeline says to re assure him. "I have not doubt you will, I'm just worried as Charles is asking for a Social update during your meeting about the race this weekend" Madeline now understands his frustrations. "I'll see what I can do, I mean he should be there." Madeline can see a lady appear to be available at the reception desk. "I need to check in Kam. Check up call after social ?" Kam says yes as they both hang up.

Madeline at the reception desk hands over her company ID . Madeline looks down at her name tag. "Lucy" the lady looks up. " Hi.. um. Sorry you wouldn't know who else from the McLaren side are currently here do you?" Madeline thought it was going to be a wild shot but it be worth it if she can find out if he's staying here. After all, she needed the passwords back and find a way of making this social work for both parties.
"Yeah, the whole team pretty much" she smiles as she starts tapping back away at her computer to check her in. "And drivers?" Lucy looks up. "Driver? Only the one we have booked to stay here" Madeline was thinking about the conversation Kam brought up about Riccardo the other day, so I would have to be....

"Interesting that you're asking about me this early on?" Madeline freezes in the spot entirely her blood felt like it came to a grinding halt, and mouth dry. She looks at Lucy and Lucy hands over her card. "Room 602, it's on the sixth floor and the meeting later is on the same floor you can't miss it" Madeline some how manages a smile to Lucy, though she was in an awkward stance where she knew she didn't need to be at the desk smiling like a mass murder towards the reception desk lady, but neither did she want to turn around.

"Riccardo is actually at a friends this weekend, but I'm sure you'll see him later in the meeting" Madeline builds the courage to turn around. She tries to lean against the desk as if she was totally cool in a not cool but hot flustered situation. For someone who runs his social medias you would think she would be cool.

"Yeah I figured when Lucy said 'driver'" Madeline said. The words that fell out her mouth felt forgein and felt like had lost all meaning.
"Well, I guess I will see you at the meeting I mean your room isn't too far away" Lando winks as he then continues to walk by and catches up with someone who looks like his PA. "But the socials?" Madeline yells out suddenly remembering in haze of the moment. Lando just smiles and shakes his head and continues to walk.

Lucy from over the counter whispers. "He is a looker to be fair" Madeline looks over her shoulder and smiles. "You'd think for someone who runs his social I could have been been cooler in that situation" Madeline grabs the handle of the suitcase and goes to look back at Lando and rolls herself into a random Individual. "Oh sorry sir" after the apologises she looks back and he was gone .