Chapter 19

Madeline could see him making pace around the track. He looked like he was in good form . She wants to get a clearer photograph of the car. All the others, were blurred or too far away or blocked from light, or too much light. This probably wasn't the best camera to use, but it was the only one, she brought with her. 

She pops herself over slightly on the fence looking round. She does not see anyone who is going to be able to see her. In the distance you can hear him getting closer. Looking through the lenses of the camera, she holds onto the button taking sporadic amount a photos of once, to ensure she doesn't miss the shot. 

LANDO POV

Lando was coming round the corner, this was the tightest one. One of those that if you miss you are in the barriers. Keeping the car tight to the chicanes, he feels the rough vibrations through his body. He was so focused, that when he saw her, the next thing he saw was his car in the wall next to her.

MADELINE POV

"FUCK" she screams. Her head was pounding. she was taken back from the Cushing pushing her off the fencing. 

She tries to sit up, but feels instantly dizzy. "Lando" Madeline cries out. Hoping to hear something, but her ears are blown from the sound of the crash, she can only hear her body breathing rapidly to catch up. "Lando" she screams again.

LANDO POV

"Shit!" he slams his hands on his wheel. "What the fuck" in his comms he can hear his engineer. "You ok?" Lando pulls hi steering wheel out. "Fucking Madeline was by where I crashed" . Lando could hear him call for help down at the corner, as the track shows blood red flags across the whole track. Lando clambers out. He heard his name be yelled from behind the barrier. "Madeline" he says, as he climbs over the nose of his car. He pushes the barrier he crashed into further back to try and get through. "Lando" He hears her call for him again.

"I am here Madeline. I am here"

MADELINE POV

She can see a figure block out the light. She opens her eyes, and she can see him in his helmet. He takes it off his head. "What the fuck were you thinking ?" he says at her, he wasn't shouting, if anything his voice seemed broken, and distort. He looked scared, terrified even. Madeline felt her stomach flip inside out. She tries to reach for the camera.

LANDO POV

"Stop moving" Lando is checking her over. There was a huge gash on her collar bone, face cheek, and back of her head. She wasn't heavily bleeding, luckily, but she took a big knock to the gravelled ground. "I was only trying getting a good photo" Lando picks up her camera. The paramedic car turns up and ushers Lando aside as they assess Madeline. They get her into the back of the ambulance, and say that they are taking her in to check her head, to see if any further damage has happened, and to treat the concussion she will be having. 

Lando looks through her photos and sees the crash plan out. He sees he took the corner too much causing him skid and collide with the corner wall. But the photo she had of him just before was perfect. He keeps looking through the photos to see a photo of him at the paddock smiling next to Will and Daniel, which was well took. He picks up her smashed phone and his  helmet and gets in the car. He arrives at the paddock and everyone is making fuss, he can hear people talk about how dangerous it could have been if the barrier wasn't changed before they arrived for practise. Lando blends the noise out the only thing on his mind was getting to the hospital. He needed to see her, and see if she is ok. 

MADELINE POV

"Tell him it is not his fault" The paramedic was trying to clean some of Madeline's cuts and grazes. "Please Miss stay still" Madeline is wriggling to try and get free. She can see him just stood alone holding the camera in his hands. "Lando" the doors of the ambulance shut. "Please, he needs to know, it my was my fault. I should have not been that close. He never over rides that corner" The paramedic you can see is loosing patience but smiles through baring teeth. "Please, stay still we need to wipe you down"