Part 31

"So ask me a Naked T?" He sips away at his drink as he winks at me. "Back to this" Madeline jokes.
"Yes"
"Well I think you should start then? Since it was your idea" Madeline plays with her napkin not knowing what to say, not knowing what she could ask. He swallows as he places his cup on the coaster. Lando looks over to see the guy from the elevator enter the diner.
"Ok, ok. Who was the guy in the elevator?"
Madeline retracted back into herself.
"I'm sorry if I have over stepped. I just thought he may have been a friend?" Lando scrunched up his nose , he now knows he may have stepped somewhere he didn't want to be, but he did want to know if possibly he was something more than a friend and from the fact she looks saddened, maybe an ex?
"He is not a friend. He is someone who used to matter, but no longer does and didn't realise he would be here, I - I don't know what to say about him really other than he is a "
Lando's eyes widened as he see the same man from earlier walk across the kitchen, he purposely knocks the coffee over to break Madeline from what he could only imagine was going to turn into a rant, and one that possibly he would here.
"Sorry - I slipped" Lando grabs napkins and places it over the spilt coffee.
Madeline starts laughing and tries to help him.

"I am sorry, Lando isn't it" the man says "I am a huge fan" Madelines hand froze in position from wiping the coffee.
"Yes, it is... and you are?" Lando says as he takes the cap and pen.
"Luke"

Luke looks over to Madeline. "Didn't I see you by the elevator with Madeline earlier?" Luke nods.
"Yes, Madeline and I are old friends" Lando hands the cap back signed.
"Right. Well nice meeting you. Luke"
"Are you?" Luke points between Madeline and Lando. Lando goes to say something, but Madeline stands up and takes the wet napkins in her hands.
"No Luke, though it is not you're business. Is Eleanor here, don't think she be best pleased to see you near me would she?"
Luke sucks some air between his teeth looks at Lando and takes his leave.
"Prick . He is a prick."
Lando looks like he is about to comfort Madeline but she steps away to throw the napkins in the bin.
"Have you ever gone skinny dipping in waterfalls?" Lando lightly laughed. In the back of his mind he wanted to quiz further on this Luke guy, but he knew it wasn't the best thing to do, she clearly didn't like him .
"No" he continued his laugh.
"Well Lando, there's a first for everything."
" I have Practise at 3"
"It is only 11am, I am sure we will make it back in time for prep and practise"
Madeline smiles. There it was. The poolside smile.