Chapter 12

Madeline drying her hair in the mirror sees that her phone has been blowing up from last nights post on McLarens account. Luckily Kam got unscathed by the idea, and that he told Charles that they had a post lined up for Landos account for tonight. Madeline knew what she had to too.

Looking at her phone it was time to leave and get to the meeting .
Walking out of her room she shuts the door behind her and can hear Stroll down the corridors. She knew she was in the right place. She follows the Canadian voice down the hallway. And walks into a huge conference room with length wall windows around all the back corner it brought in so much natural light and the views was 10x better than what Madeline had in her room. As Madeline walks in she doesn't seem to find Lando. She can see every other social is with their driver I mean even Kams nemesis is with Riccardo at front. Madeline smiles awkwardly as she makes her way through everyone to try and find her name on her seat. Finally she found it. She was squished between two drivers, Lando of course and to her left Mick Schumacher.

"Hi"  Mick says politely as Madeline take her seat. His accent was quite appealing to Madeline as she smiles gracefully and responses with a hello back.
"Is it me or do you feel like this is going to be a huge FIA telling off session, I mean it has been a long time coming" Madeline chuckles lightly "I mean I bet you've heard it all before in your garage" Mick sits back. "Eeehhh" tilting his head side to side. "So your Landos SA?" Madeline burrows her eyes rows confused. "Social Addressor" Madeline nods her head now understanding him. "Yeah, we call it leaders in our team, but same thing, where's yours?" Mick points over to where Mazepin is, and next to him was their Social Leader. "Ah you both share the same one" he nods. "Haas" Madeline chuckles a little at the statement. "It has to be a good rookie year though and got to start somewhere in this league am I right?" As Mick goes to reply in through the doors comes Lando, he is walking in next to another girl and laughing. "Well there's your mayhem" Madeline looks at Mick and smiles. Lando walks through the crowd of sitting people towards his seat. "You'll have to let me know when you're next free, it be nice to speak to you a bit more Madeline" Micks smile just melted inside Madeline it was beautiful, I mean he is beautiful. It is almost like he had years of social training to get him that smile. Lando by now has taken his seat. "How you know my?" Mick looks down and Madeline is still holding the card that says her name. "Ah right" she giggles.

From the front a gentleman stands up and gives a small cough to indicate that he is ready to start.
The room slowly gets quiet.

"Good morning! I hope you are all well. I will not hold you too long from talking but we brought you hear earlier because we need to discuss something rather serious that is linked to you, and all your social medias" another man at the back is flicking through some slides behind the first. "My name is Michael, and I am part of the FIA. Now we all know the situation about what has happened over the break with some peoples social medias, and we need to address this in a way that we can not have this problem again" Lando is looking down at his watch a notification pops up. "Now social media is a great tool for your guys in this sporting world, keep connected to your fans and also your personal life at times when you allow it, but we do really need to be careful on what we share" Lando nudges Madeline lightly with his shoulder. "This is clearly about Mazepin" Madeline nods discreetly. "Why we having to endure it?" Madeline whispers not taking her eyes from the front. "To make it seem fair, that everyone has to know"

"Now what I have done is created a sheet of paper of the new regulations for your socials, your teams are already aware of this, and I would like this to start straight away, please pass them round, and go through it with your leaders and drivers, and get something in place.  If you need me I will be up front" Michael hands a thick load of paper out as people begin to share it between them. Madeline gets handed a piece from Mick.

She begins to read the bullet points that matter.

1. Socials to be ran at weekends by the teams only.
2. Drivers, to not post anything that may impede on breaking the law.
3. No "explicit" things to be posted
4. Other socials platforms or any sorts from video, live, to photography needs to be approved by the original guidelines that were in place previously.
5.  Advertising posts to be clearly labelled for advertisement

Following guidelines is necessary, and a breach of them will conduct a further investigation for necessary action to be taken place, can be fine or removal of your point license.

Your team have further in-depth regulations, that affect their team posts, you will be informed by them upon your return to their HQ.

Madeline looked at Lando who was still reading. "Pretty fair don't you think?" Madeline says as Lando shakes his head. "I think some of it is common sense, but why do you guys have to completely run my socials on a weekend?" He says as he looks at Madeline . "I mean we only need to take control of it for an hour tops" Lando scrunches up the piece of paper and shakes his head and lets out a sigh that made him sound like he was hard done by. "Lando that is rather rude, do you not think I am capable of looking after your account for like an hour on each of the race weekend days?" Madeline took this a little too deeply then she probably needed to. "I don't know you of course not"Some people were beginning to leave the room. Madeline sat at the edge of her seat. "Not knowing me and not deeming me capable are two different things, and on top of that for someone who deals with your socials, I have to make it seem like I know you, and I have been doing a pretty good job at that don't you think, you refuse to get to know us , and if this is the way you are going to be acting about it all then I think you need to have a look at yourself. Everyone other social leader gets along with their driver and vice Versa, that's what makes their jobs a lot easier. You have the opportunity to get to know me, and the team, and if you allow yourself too, then I think you would be surprised at how Capable I am at running you socials." Madeline stands up and begins to finish her point not letting Lando get a word in. "You get to know your car by helping the team put it together and away each race and session, I don't see why you can't do that with my team? And while I'm
At it, your social media messages and games, can fuck right off. I will be in my room when you finally decide to talk to me in person rather than cryptic messages on my social. Because I know that we need to get this to work, and I know you know that too"

Madeline walks off flustered in annoyance. She couldn't believe how he tried to undermine her. She knows from what Carlos says he only does it because of his previous experience with his social leader, but if he was going to try and deem her incapable or to even try and compare Madeline she wasn't going to stand for it . Especially because he knows nothing about her.

Mick looks at Lando. "I think you should get to know your social, I mean she kind of has a point" Lando say back in his seat with his cap over his face. "Yes she has a point Mick I know"