Chapter 29

A notification popped up at the top bar of her screen. She pulls the icon down to release her keypad.

Lando : "Coffee 7.30am?" Madeline responds. "Early? but ok"

Her phone sends the message revealing her back to the open messages between Lando and Amelia. She felt so guilty yet her skim-read of the conversation gave her more infomation about Lando then she got in the 2 days of being here.

Lando: "I am busy, sorry"
Amelia: "You can't keep doing this y'know"
Lando: "I think I have been clear from the off set"
Amelia: "Who is she?"
Lando: "Who?"
Amelia: "Madeline"

Madeline's eyes widened at the mention of her name.

Lando: "She deals with my socials Am"
Amelia: "Don't Am me, you are seeing her aren't you? You have messaged her alot?"

- Screen shot of their conversation -

Lando: "Are you on my account?"
Amelia: "I think you are forgetting who used to be your socials, do you think I am that stupid to think you wont do this to her?"
Lando: "I haven't done anything, and will be changing my password"
Amelia: "I will get back in it again"
Lando: "Amelia, if you want this to work you can't be doing this! I think we should take a small break!"
Amelia: "You can't be doing this, you can't Ignore me forever"

Lando is typing...

Madeline escaped the chat worried Lando would know that she was snooping. But who was this Amelia. Must be someone he was or is dating. Why did she see Madeline as a threat? She remembers Carlos mentioning Landos' ex social leader, but he failed to mention they are some sort of a thing, that would have been key information for someone to know. For some reason Madeline felt a small sad pit in her stomach. She had no reason to be upset - she didn't really understand why she was upset. All she is a social media leader to him, so why would or could she be anymore than that. Looking back through Landos' old posts she can see a petite woman in a McLaren shirt, holding a board Instagram cut out of Lando they were both posing. The caption "Best co stars" . That surely had to be her. Had to be Amelia. A couple of notifications pop up on her screen as she is about lock her phone off for the night.

Lando: "Meet me in 10"
Amelia: "Room 509"

That was just down the corridor from Madeline's room. Madeline is watching the clock. Thinking.

What on earth am I doing? Why am I waiting up to see her just walk into his room? Why should I even care. Ugh. Madeline was about to call it a night when she hears the lift. She pops her eye through the peep hole, and she can see Lando is stood just outside her door. Her heart is racing, and her body feels like it is working overtime. Small pale arms wrap round him as he hands her a fob. She makes her way down the corridor. Madeline only catches a glimpse. She looks divine. Petite, Brunette, with spray of freckles all over her face. Lando turns round and makes Madeline panic. Can he see her? . She can see him slide a note through her door, as she runs down the corridor. Stepping back she sees herself in the full length mirror. and begs the question.

What is wrong with me?