Chapter 15

Madeline was stood in the lift. It was 5 to 10.

She was getting anxious but no real reasoning to why. The lift opens and she walks out and sees the sign for the spa. Putting her phone in her pocket she starts walking down the hallway. She reaches the door of the spa and pushes against the door, but it was locked. She puts her face to the glass pane to see if she could see anyone inside and there was no one. Reaching for her phone again a glimmer of light is shot through the glass she pops her head back against the glass and sees Lando with the torch on his phone. He notices her and comes to the door and unlocks the lock from behind.

Madeline without saying a word but politely smiling walks through the now opened door. Lando locks the door behind. The are both just stood in the spa reception in silence, the room has a sense of emptiness to it, due to the lack of movement and conversation between the two of them, that they almost blend in as objects. "I have a key" Lando says as he quickly pulls out of his front right jean pocket the key. Madeline smiles as she begins to walk down the reception room. Lando follows.

"I just want to say..." Madeline begins to say that she was sorry about the situation that has happened yesterday, but Lando interrupts. "No, before you finish that. I was harsh, and I had no reason to be. Which is why I wanted you here because you were also right" Madeline was almost taken back by what he had just said. "I was?" she questioned him wanting a further explanation.

"We should know each other. I mean you can not be that bad if Carlos knows you" Madeline looks confused, and almost speechless. How did he know that they knew each other? "I saw you both at the golf fields earlier this afternoon" Madeline nods her head. "Right. That makes sense" Madeline says as she feels a slight relief. "I think you and Mick hit it off well" Madeline who was just looking around picks up a humbug from the reception desk. "Yeah, he seems really nice, and good company for a german" Lando laughs a little. 

Madelines eyes lit up. His laugh sparked some interest in her, it was a laugh that she wanted to hear again. "Did you?" Lando points over to the glass panes behind the reception desk. Madeline looks to where he points to see that he was pointing at the swimming pool. "I didn't bring a change of clothes" Lando looks down at himself. "Neither, but It would be a good ice breaker don't you think?"

Lando heads off and grabs hold of Madeline's wrist and takes her with him. Madeline didn't really know how to take this encounter with him. I mean one minute he seemed so hard done by, and as if he didn't want anything to do with her, but behind the scenes, he was a different person now. She wanted to know him, and it seemed he wanted to know her. But she couldn't help but think, did he want to know her more behind the scenes where no one could see. Madeline would not have minded that, but she just needed to know from here were does she stand?