Chapter Twenty: Crossover pt. 1

Meanwhile at the Amethyst Skies Pack:

I wake up to an empty bed. I spring into adrenaline mode looking around when I notice that she isn't in bed. The IV has been unplugged and the needle is in the drip bag. "Isla??" I call out searching the room only to find her standing infront of the mirror in the bathroom just staring at herself.

I approach her cautiously and stand behind her,"Isla?"

She looks into my eyes through the mirror,"Dale?" Her voice is hoarse and drained of life.

"Yes? I'm here", I place my hands on her shoulders gently.

She closes her eyes and tears roll down her cheeks. My heart breaks for her. I wrap my arms around her from behind as she sobs silently,"I'm sorry. I didn't know the baby was there. I- I would've given my life for it. I swear I didn't know".

"Shhh", I silence her as I turn her so she's facing me,"Hey, it's not your fault. I don't blame you for it. I'm just glad you're okay. Sal and Joe are helping me investigate".

"Please... Please don't leave me again", she begs grabbing on to me.

I feel my heart ache because of her fears that she has now developed from the whole incident. I nod and say,"I will be by your side always. I will bring you with me when I have to do pack business by or beyond the border for emergency situations and Sal can represent our pack for non-emergency meetings just till you're feeling better", I smile slightly encouragingly.

She nods vigorously her eyes squeezed shut in an attempt to avoid breaking down again. She opens her eyes and gives up a forced shaky smile.

I embrace her while kissing her forehead. "I know it's hard and it hurts a lot, but we'll get through this... Together... Okay?"

"Okay", she replies silently.

Our foreheads meet then our lips in a desperate, sad and yet passionate kiss. "I still love you", I say in between the kiss.

She chuckles and says,"I love you too, Dale. I'm just hurt and scared right now is all".

"How can I make you feel better?"

She sighs our foreheads still against each other. "I dunno yet. But I still love and want you. And that's all that matters for now".

I chuckle softly and say,"I feel you". It is now that I notice the little star on her necklace is no longer golden, but silver instead. "Is that because of the baby?" I ask and when she follows my gaze to the necklace.

She nods and says,"2 more to go I guess...?"

I sigh and say,"There's no rush, babe. We're gonna take our time. This is too painful of an experience to have a round 2. Not getting pregnant, just losing the baby".

"I agree. After we catch these bastards, then we can focus on growing our family, wholeheartedly", she concludes.

---------------------- x --------------------

Sal rushes into the living area where me and Dale are seated watching "say yes to the dress". No, he didn't willingly do it. It's just been rough lately that he's resulted to doing everything with me to make sure I'm okay. And I know I was okay with that when I asked him not to leave me, but now I feel like I'm holding him back...

"Alpha", he greets him then turns to me and greets,"Luna... We have company".

We both frown in confusion and as we rise to our feet, we see the emperor alone. We both approach him and greet him,"Emperor", we both bow our heads in respect.

"Ah, Alpha Dalziel. It's been a while".

We both lift our heads to see him approach Dale with open arms that he walks into and they have a quick man hug. When they part, he takes a hold of my seemingly fragile hands in his broad ones and asks,"How are you feeling?" His face is filled with concern and empathy like he knows what happened.

"I've been better", my lips twitch to try and force a smile but fail miserably. He then takes me into a hug, brief but meaningful.

When he pulls away, he has no physical contact with either of us and says,"Regina doesn't know I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way", we nod understanding so he continues to say,"We have a situation at hand, but we need to talk in private. Office?"

"Right this way", Dale brings me along as we head to his office with Sal behind us.

"Do you know who kidnapped both of you?"

We shake our heads before I say,"Luke was watching me, but he was not the man in charge because I remember him having hour long phone calls to get instructions. And when Dale escaped from the place he was in, he never got to see who they really were because he was drugged".

"Got it. Well, we have a flock of Aves that we've taken in and they were attacked by your two assholes of cousins".

"Jack and Fred??" I ask completely in shock.

"Correct", he answers shortly but continues to say,"Your pack is in danger. They're now vampires and with the information and evidence we've discovered, they have at least 30 others with them".

My heart drops at the news, we used to be very close till my parents caught them cornering me about to sexually assault me. That was the last time I ever saw them. "We need Joe", I state as I remember he had a fight with a vampire before his appearance.

Dale nods and mind links him. "So how is my cousin, emperor?"

"Well, she is getting big fast. We adopted a 6-year-old Ave while she is currently pregnant with our first, but she's good overall".

I feel a sting in my heart as I think of how I lost my baby. I can't help but feel jealous. I wouldn't hurt them, I'm not psycho. I just never got to even feel pregnant or even talk to the baby. I will never get to feel any of that with it. I take in a deep breath trying not to cry.

Dale grips my hand and I realize we've all come to a stop and both him and the emperor look like they may quite possibly pull me into a group hug. That makes me laugh mentally, but nothing changes on my face,"I'm sorry. I should go rest", I state and walk away from them leaving behind a defeated Dale.

I can't hold it in. I run to our room and lock it behind me before throwing myself on the bed, tears now flowing painfully from my eyes as I sob silently. I can't do this...

----------------------- x ---------------------

"What happened?" The emperor asks me concern in his voice.

I look down sadness overwhelming my heart and say,"We lost our baby when I got abducted. I was stabbed and it reciprocated to her. No one knew she was pregnant at the time not even her".

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I feel terrible now for bringing up the kids. I will be more sensitive next time, I apologize".

"That's okay", I shrug and continue to say,"You didn't know ".

Just then Joe shows up and bows his head greeting us,"Emperor. Alpha".

"We need your help, Joe".

------------------- x ------------------