Chapter Twenty-Six:

"So...? This is exciting", I try to break the silence, but fail because neither man speaks. I sigh and decide to stand so I can go do something better if they're not gonna say a word. Especially Gabe. As I'm about to leave the room, Gabe asks,"Why?"

I turn to face him surprised, he hasn't said a word since that day unless he absolutely had to,"Why what?"

"Why him? And why do I have to share you?" He looks up at me with a cold look.

"I dunno. I asked Ava and she has no clue. She's more concerned about the fact that she marked Starter in front of everyone".

"Understandable", is all Starter says without looking at either one of us.

"Starter, come with me", I tell him ignoring Gabe's frown from hell.

He looks up at me confused,"Are you sure?"

I roll my eyes and say,"I'm always sure when I ask".

He nods and without a word or a glance at Gabe, he follows me out of the room. I take his hand in mine and say,"I know he's hard to get along with. So was I at one point. He's just scared of this new thing".

"And you're not?"

"I am. But I like talking things out when I'm scared nowadays. And I knew you'd talk to me", I look up at him with a reassuring smile.

He blushes and looks down,"You have a huge effect on me. I doubt you ever noticed that".

"I've felt it numerous times. That's why I've been avoiding being isolated with just you", I laugh softly.

He laughs a little then asks,"So you felt it too?"

"Honey, please. I was chanting "I love Gabriel" Everytime I was around you. It was rough".

We both laugh heartily. It's nice to finally be able to have an actual conversation with him. I lean on his shoulder as we head to Janette's room. I'm at peace right now, with him.

--------------------------- x -------------------------

Janette is just playing with a plant by her window when we walk in. I let Gina and go in first. "Hi sweetie", Janette says nothing.

"Are you gonna be like your dad? Cause if you are we're going out for ice cream alone", Gina comments. She turns to face her when she hears ice cream. She looks at me then back at her and asks,"Is he my dad now too...?"

"Only if you're comfortable with that. There's no rush. Take your time. I'd rather us be friends first. It's more fun that way", I smile at her compelling her to smile back and run over to hug me. I pick her up and see the pleased look on Gina's face which makes me smile back at her. I offer her a hand and she takes it. We walk out with her shutting the door behind us.

The ice cream parlor is packed so we order and then take a walk to the park. "It's so beautiful out today. Warm, green and not humid".

I chuckle and say,"Yes it is. I take it you hate it when it's humid?"

"Do I?? I'd be willing to stay inside through it all".

"Wow. That's intense. So... When are you due exactly?"

"In about a month", she says with a smile as she rubs her big baby bump. I don't know how she was even able to fight pregnant. She amazes me.

"You're amazing. I hope you know that. You surprise me each day and it makes you even more amazing than you already are. I couldn't imagine a better mate".

"Aaaaaawww. Thanks, Starter. That means a lot coming from you", I see her get a bit emotional, but she's trying to hide it. I lean in and plot a longing kiss on her forehead. I hear her exhale. The emotions are truly overwhelming between us.

"I really do love you, Regina. I want you to always remember that. No matter what, I will always love you".

Janette is on the playsets. Don't worry we're good parents. She moves into me and hugs me like she never wants to let go. I take the chance to see how Janette is doing and see some kid trying to pick a fight with her. I move away from Gina to stand beside her and ask,"Is there a problem here?"

"Yeah! She's in my spot!" The kid says.

"I don't see your name on it", I state plainly.

"But I always hang out there everyday. So she can't be there too".

"She can be wherever she wants so I suggest you find a different spot because as of right now", I cover a spot with my have and when I remove it, her name is engraved into it,"It's her spot. So take a walk".

He growls and walks away saying,"This isn't over yet". This kid is stupid. I should've just let her use her powers on him. Maybe that would've shut him up. I feel a body jump on me and I realize it's Janette,"Thanks, daddy! You're the best!" I'll never forget those words.

"I thought I was the best",Gabe states behind us. Well that was short lived. We turn to see him standing next to Gina with his arm around her shoulder, but hers crossed.

"Yeah, but king Starter is the best too", she says with a grin then lays against me. I smirk enjoying her picking me over him right now. I see his jaw clench.

"You know, if you weren't so stuck up about this experience, you'd probably be enjoying yourself right now", I tell him simply.

"Yeah, well don't mind me trying to keep my family on my side since you're slowly taking them away from me".

I laugh and say,"This isn't the "who will win the family" show, we're supposed to share. Not fight over them. In case you haven't noticed. I have said nothing wrong toward or about you".

He thinks for a moment. Gina holds his cheek gently and says,"I still love you. And so does Janette. But this needs to end. He's not leaving, so play nice". He sighs looking away from her then nods.

She kissed his lips gently and I feel something come to life inside me. I want to be able to kiss them both... Wait what am I saying? I'm not gay.

"Earth to Starter!" Gabe waves before me pulling me out of my thoughts. "You good?"

"Yeah", I say in confidence. He offers a hand shake, I look down at his hand, glance at a blushing Gina and then take his hand having a brief man hug with him.

"Okay. Now that we've all made up. We need to figure this out", Gabe announces then leads the way to the library which is in his office. I carry Janette on my shoulders all the way there, but drop her off with the ladies to watch her while we get things sorted out.

This is gonna be good.

------------------------- x --------------------------