Chapter Thirty:

"He's here", I say softly holding Aaron in my arms. Aaron, my handsome boy that looks mostly like me minus his eyes and nose, definitely Daddy's.  I giggle when he moves in my arms, I have this overwhelming joy and nurturing feeling in my heart. "I will always love and protect you, Aaron", I whisper to him as if nobody else is in the room till I feel a hand rub my upper back compelling to look up and see who it is. Starter?

"May I?" He asks extending his other hand asking to hold the baby. I grin as I hand him over to Starter who holds him like he's the most fragile thing, which he is.

He grins as he looks at the baby whose eyes are now open from the switch. "Hi baby", he sweetly greets Aaron using his finger to caress his cheek compelling Aaron to try and eat his cheek. Starter laughs and asks,"Are you hungry already?" Pulling his finger away to avoid teasing him. Aaron coos then starts fussing a bit. "Okay, okay. I'll hand you over", he laughs softly before looking up to find me just staring at them.

"What?"

"He's gonna love you just as much as Gabe".

He chuckles and says,"You mean he'll love me more? Well of course, how can he not?"

Just then Gabe walks in as Janette runs to Starter's side,"Can I see him??" She asks excited making me laugh softly tears filling my eyes because of how happy I am.

Gabe kisses my forehead compelling me to close my eyes and the tears to roll down my cheeks. "You okay?" I hear his worried voice ask as he dries the stray tears from my cheeks.

"I'm happy... It's overwhelming... And I'm really exhausted cause these pains didn't just start today. That's just when they got worse".

He sighs and says,"You should have told me".

"Yeah, but I didn't have to and you were having a very busy day, so I didn't want you getting overwhelmed on the best day of our lives".

He looks down trying to hold back the smile forming then looks at our son his face filled with love and happiness,"That's our son".

"I'm gonna assume that you included Starter in that equation", he chuckles before walking towards them. They're now sitting on the hospital seats just interacting with baby.

He stops before them watching, but when Starter looks up to see him, he smiles lovingly and offers him the baby. Gabe reaches for him after a few seconds cradling him. Aaron starts trying to eat from him and we all burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry I have absolutely nothing in there, bud. Maybe mommy can help you with that", he says making us laugh a bit. He begins to bring him over to me taking slow steps while studying him. I smile enjoying the moment. "You look so much like Mommy. I wonder what you will be when you are older".

"I thought you could tell when they're little what they're gonna be".

"Maybe that's up to you and not us", he says before handing him to me. I smile down at him earning a smile back from him.

I laugh softly and say,"Don't you have the cutest smile?"

"Hey!! Mom, I'm still in the room!" We all laugh at her exclamations.

"I still love you sweetie", I tell her sincerely.

"I know, I know. I'll let him be the cute one for a bit".

"How long exactly is a bit to you?" Starter asks her.

"Till he's 4?"

"Nice time frame", Gabe states impressed.

I take the chance to start breastfeeding Aaron. When he latches on, he just starts chugging down the milk making me laugh because that's how fast Gabe drinks. It surprises me every time.