Chapter Twenty-One: Crossover pt. 2:

"How so?" Joe asks curiously.

"The vampires are not done. Bad news, they're Isla and Regina's cousins. Good news, we can team up. Between our pack, the aves and the emperor's pack we have some power", I explain to him.

"Oh? Sounds exciting", he states sarcastically.

"Depending on how you look at it, yes", the emperor responds with a devious grin,"See unlike you guys, I get a rush when having to kill people that endanger my loved ones and those I am responsible for. Please do not underestimate what I'm willing to do".

Me, Joe and Sal swallow visibly. He then bursts out laughing and says,"I'm kidding! Sort of..." He leans against the desk and finishes by saying,"Are you in? We will do all it takes to protect you. If you feel inspired your pack can come camping or sleepover during this period, that way we have all resources in one place".

I glance at Joe and Sal who both seem to not object the idea. I turn back to Gabriel and nod,"I think a sleepover will be fun", I smile.

Gabe grins and says,"Well then we should all start packing. Hopefully people will be cooperative and aim to be gone by tomorrow morning".

"We'll get to it. Thanks again, emperor".

He shakes his head and says,"It's my pleasure to protect others when I can. Especially family".

------------------------- x --------------------------

"Alright people! Let's do this!!" Joe announces as we start our ride to the emperor's village. We arrive about 30 minutest​ later to a crowd of people waiting by the entertainment grounds. Regina is standing in front of them all with a diplomatic smile up. I smile and step out of the car when it comes to a stop.

I walk over to her and the closer I get the more glassy her eyes become. We meet with a hug as she sniffles and says,"You're back".

"Yep. Unfortunately not as pregnant as you, but still here nonetheless".

"I'm sorry", she says and pulls away to say,"My kids will be yours as well. I want you to be their godparents".

I'm baffled at her request,"That would be the greatest honor".

She exhales in relief,"Thank goodness because you were the only ones I trusted enough with my kids".

"Ouch?" Jaden says behind her making her roll her eyes.

"Shut up, Jaden. You don't count".

He scoffs and walks towards the other guests. We both giggle and start walking towards their place. The plan is that our pack members will share housing with their people. And everybody is on board with the plan. Dale and I are staying with the Gabriel and Regina.

"I have to introduce you to King Starter when we get the chance. He is a hunk and he's sweet".

"I heard that", Gabriel says kissing her forehead.

"Oh, babe. You know you're a stud. He doesn't come close. Plus you're very well endowed might I add".

He grins with pride before facing me his features softening,"You doing okay?" He asks concerned.

"Uh.. yeah, I guess. I don't have much of a choice. My pack needs me to be strong through all of this".

They both give me sad smiles. Dale rubs my shoulders asking,"Ready for a nap yet? You've been on your feet for at least 24 hours without a break".

I sigh feeling the exhaustion hit me all at once. I groan rubbing the center of my forehead. He swoops me up and carries me in his safe and strong yet gentle arms. Soon enough, I pass out in his arms.

----------------------- x ----------------------

"Darn it!!" I kick a bucket of water across the deserted land. "Where the heck are they??"

We look for clues lying around. Nothing. And then, we step into the pack house and see something that only the emperor could be responsible for... There is a red circle on the wall with a bloody hand in it.

"We're late. They're on to us so we're gonna have to wage war to settle this once and for all,"I grin and look behind me at my 40 fellow vampires. "But before we do, we're gonna have to get some more people on our team".

Jack looks at me with a sinister smile and I know he is definitely thinking what I'm thinking. This is gonna be fun.

-------------------------- x --------------------------

Everyone is finally settled in. We're having dinner in the Hall of Feasts. It's huge. Gabe stands before everyone and we all go silent. "Well, this is quite the setup we've got,huh?" We all laugh.

"No matter. I'm very grateful to have you all here with us. Please feel at home. Stay within the territory at all times. And above all else, take care of each other and protect one another, yeah?"

"Yes, emperor", the room roared in response.

It always makes me proud seeing him doing some form of leadership. I smile when our eyes meet and he finishes by saying,"Alrighty. Let's eat! I'm starving", we all burst out laughing again. He's on a role tonight.

The crowd heads to the buffet to serve themselves. This time, I was kicked out of the kitchen. I was not allowed to be on my feet for more than 30 minutes. I roll my eyes just thinking about it. Soon someone will tell me to...

"Babe, you need to sit down. I don't want you to get stressed", Gabe says leading me to a seat at one of the tables.

I sigh in frustration. Didn't even finish my thought. "You know, I'm not gonna die from standing for 5 minutes, bonehead!!"

"Oocha!! Getting feisty,are we?" He exclaims making me glare at him.

"I'm not a kid. I just have one growing inside me, okay? I don't care if you think I'm weak I AM NOT!!!" I shove him at the wall with no remorse.

He chuckles and says,"Babe, you're not weak. Which is why I have to constantly remind you to take a break every once in a while so that you get even stronger after".

I punch his shoulder,"Ow!!"

"Do I look stupid to you, Gabe?"

He sighs as his face falters and he says,"Look, I knew from the moment I married you that you are the strongest and toughest girl I'd ever meet. But that doesn't mean that the baby is and the more you stress, the more endangered it is to a miscarriage. I'm not stupid either".

The hall is quiet as I think about what he just told me. I sigh and say,"Fine. But after this, it'll be a while before we have another one. Comprende?"

"Si", I smack him upside the head making the room have momentary chuckles.

I then lean forward and kiss him very affectionately. When I pull away, he mumbles,"Sometimes I like your mood swings".

"Yeah when I'm not trying to kill you".

He laughs and says with a pompous smirk,"You wish you could kill me", we both laugh compelling the whole room to roar in laughter at our little telenovela scene.

------------------------ x -------------------------