Chapter Twenty-Seven:

3 hours later...

"Oh my gosh!!!! I'm gonna die before we find something in these stupid books!!! Does it look like I'm in the mood for this wild goose chase?!!?" Gina yells completely mad. I mean she was frustrated before, but now she's just mad.

I stand and walk over to her saying,"Hey", I put my fingers through her hair and she sighs calming down almost immediately. "We'll find something. It's taking forever, yes but... We'll definitely find something, love".

She nods opening her eyes,"Can I just watch you guys search then? Cause I'm fresh out of patience".

I laugh softly and say,"I don't see why not".

"I found something", Gabe says behind us and we both turn to face him.

"Really??" Gina asks in disbelief.

Gabe looks up smiling slightly and says,"Yes, really. Now come on".

'He smiled. It's sexy when he does.' He frowns at me confused. We both walk over anyway without a word, her sitting on his lap and me standing beside them. We look to see an article about mate sharing. So apparently up to 4 mates can share each other. That's crazy, but I'm glad we have an answer. It's definitely rare and they never find each other at once, hence our case. I roll my eyes when i see that we have to all mate each other within a month or our other halves start getting weaker.

"Great! Not only do we have to mark each other, but we also have a deadline on it if we wanna preserve our powers".

"That's not an issue. We love each other", Gina states.

"No, YOU love each other! Me and you are still getting to know each other. And Mr. Blockhead over there put us on a time crunch because of his stupid ego. The way I see it, we're doomed!!" I walk out of the room slamming the door behind me. I walk right out shifting and taking flight. I don't know why we were mated together. This is stupid. We have a week and 3 days to have marked each other. It's impossible...

-------------------------- x ----------------------------

"He's right, you know? If you weren't so hard headed about the experience, we would've been way ahead of this deadline", Regina honestly tells me.

I sigh,"I know. I'm such an idiot sometimes".

"Sometimes?" She probes her arms crossed.

I roll my eyes saying, "Fine. I do it a lot. I just take longer to process things. It's who I am, okay?? The creator clearly knew that when she mated us. I just wish we had more time", after saying that it crosses my mind that Starter and I have to mark each other,"Wait!! Do me and Starter have to have sex??!!"

She goes pale,"Um... I'll go check on Janette", she says trotting towards the door and runs right out before I can say anything else.

This is a total disaster!!

----------------------- x -------------------------

After a good flying session, I land by my house majestically only to see Gabe standing on the porch. I sigh rolling my eyes as I cross my arms,"Are you trying to come up with a plan not to lose our powers? Cause if so, I'm--"

"Just shut up and come with me", he says so nonchalantly that it catches me off guard and I follow him in my partial form. As we walk through the woods, we soon find a trail and we're walking next to each other at a casual pace,"I'm sorry", he apologizes.

"What?" I ask shocked as I come to a stop.

"I said, I'm sorry".

"Okay. That's it. What do you need from me?" I ask knowing there is a catch to his niceness.