Chapter Twenty-Three: Crossover pt. 4:

"I don't think so young lady", I state surprised at her little attempt.

"Mom, no one can beat me. Not even you guys", she says proudly with a smile and the crowd gasps. My jaw just drops.

"I'll take her!" One of my people exclaims. He looks about 13. I shake my head and eye Gabe who just raises his hands.

"She needs to learn".

I sigh defeated and anxious. The boy gets on stage and asks,"How do you have the ability to beat the emperor and empress?"

"Try me and find out", she crosses her arms her hair in a ponytail.

He moves forward to attack her and she pushes him back making skid across the stage still on his feet. My heart is racing right about now. I'm terrified until I see what she does next.

He starts to say,"You know for a girl who is proud, I expected more".

She stomps the stage floor and the ground beneath him evaporates and he sinks right in leaving only his head out, the opening seals up as she raises her hands. It gets tighter the higher her arms go. She asked him,"Can you say that again? I couldn't hear you over the crowd".

All that's heard is wheezing. After a few seconds she does some quick arm movements that pulls him out of the ground and tosses him into a giant baobab tree that swallows him up leaving only his head and neck again. Her eyes are now a deep shade of purple and she runs in the air and lands before him majestically. She then starts pulling her arms apart before her which makes the tree start to slowly swallow him up. He is soon pleading for his life. "Next time, watch your mouth or you will no longer have one".

She then pulls like she has a rope around him and he lands on the floor gasping after a thud. When Gabe approaches her she raises a bunch of vines from nowhere and has him trapped in them, but when he sees that it's him, she gently but quickly sets him down as her eyes go back to normal.

"Sorry, daddy", she quickly apologizes with her face toward the ground. He goes down to her level and tilts her head up to him by her chin. She looks scared, but he smiles and says,"That. Was awesome!"

The crowd springs into a fit of cheers. Her face lights up and she jumps into his arms. Cute moment. "Alright, people. Keep training!! Those vampires will come at us real hard. They might even assemble an army of different creatures that are equally or more dangerous than them. Again, be careful, be ready and train train train!! Yeah?" Gabe announces now standing with her still in his arms.

"Yes, sire!!" The crowd responds and they get back to training.

I walk toward them and giggle at Gabe's shocked look. He sets her down and she runs into my arms. "That was badass, sweetie", we both giggle.

"Babe, language".

I roll my eyes at him and say,"She'll be fine. She's a smart girl. Right, hun?"

"Mhm!" She responds with a nod.

"She's a superstar!" Dale says as him, Joe, Sal and Isla approach us.

"Right??!" Gabe exclaims with pride.

"When did you first know​?"

"Any time I got angry once I turned 4, the person responsible would end up wrapped up in vines that grew out of nowhere. Soon after, I was home schooled because the school said they couldn't handle my anger issues", she smiles sadly.

"Well, they're full of crap! You rocked that fight. And your super power is super cool. So it's that you can manipulate both the ground and vegetation right?" Joe asks.

"Yep", she nods.

"That's sick!" Sal exclaims, "Wanna see mine?"

She nods and he forms fire in his hand. Her eyes are wide as she is dazed and exclaims,"Whoaa".

"Right??" He asks as he makes it vanish and straightens up.

"What's yours Uncle Joe?" She asks now excited to know what our special powers are.

Joe laughs and pokes a tree that's not too far from us. It instantly turns to ash. She is dumfounded,"You're my opposite!!!" She screeches.

He just nods. She then looks at Gabe who chuckles and says,"You will only see me in the fields, baby", he explains.

She pouts and Sal's mate springs in to the rescue. "Wanna see mine?"

She looks up at her with her pout gone and nods. His mate lifts off the ground and the sky turns dark as hurricane clouds start to form, thunder and winds making everyone stop what they're doing. She then starts floating back down and the sunshine is restored.

"Daaaaaaaaang!!!!!!!!" I exclaim completely blown away.

"The good news is, with their intent for evil, their special powers will be suspended and they will only have their main one which is vampires or whatever".

"Shut. Up!!" Janette exclaims completely amazed.

Needless to say, training was exciting today.

------------------------ x ---------------------------