Chapter Seven:

Third person point of view:

In the darkness of the night, she just randomly sits up and gets out of bed. She walks quietly down the stairs and out the house through the back door. She walks towards the forest, the full moon is out tonight.

The deeper she goes into the woods, the closer she is to her destination. She just has to get there and return by dawn. She reaches his mansion and just goes in through the front door. The people who were still awake look at her like she's some ghost. She looks pale and her eyes are a deep shade of purple, her lips are blood red and her hair pitch black with a hint of navy blue. She walks past them like they don't exist, walks up the stairs and stops at his door. People are following behind her out of curiosity. She chuckles coldly and says,"You don't wanna be here".

That's all it took for everyone to stampede back down to what they were doing before. When she opens the door, she exhales and her cold breath drops the room temperature by the second. As she walks in, the door closes on its own and he starts to toss and turn due to the cold. Her stare alone starts him out of his sleep and he springs into action when he doesn't recognize her. But the closer he looks, the more familiar she becomes. He speaks,"Regina?"

She gives up a cold side smile,"She's asleep. You do not have the right to make her cry all night. You cannot act like you love her then turn her away like that. Whatever pain she feels, I will reciprocate to you", this is all she explains before he feels a sharp pain in his chest.

He groans his hand over his chest,"w-what're you doing to me?" He barely manages to let out.

"Nothing. That's what you're doing to yourself. I will see you same time tomorrow. Don't bother to secure yourself. Nothing can stop me".

"How- can you be -so -cold?" He speaks as if he's choking.

She turns to leave as the door opens on its own,"Funny you should say that. My appearance is based on what she feels. Make her happy and your life will be much easier".

He takes in a huge gasp of air like someone has been choking him this entire time,"You can't threaten me to feel something for her... You.... Whatever!"

"That's not why I'm here. And I'm not forcing you", she turns to face him her eyes lightening to a now lavender color,"You're already in love with her. The marriage was just a decoy. You were mated for life even in the womb. So do me a favor and be a good hubby", she winks at him with her face beaming. It's like the closer it gets to dawn, the brighter she becomes.

"Regina?"

"Mmmmmh. Not quite yet. Buh bye". The door closes behind her and she walks out of the house and into the woods, last she checked, it was 3:21am. She has to be in bed again by 4:30am cause then the sun starts to rise which equals a very distorted and confused Regina. When she reaches a clearing in the forest, she stops and grunts and groans as wings rip through her night gown. At the feel of her long locked away wings, she inhales and sighs deeply. When she takes flight, a shocked Gabriel walks slowly into the clearing. She is a goddess? How is it possible to be mated with a goddess? They are the greatest beings to ever walk this earth.

----------------- x --------------

Regina's Point of view

I wake up in my bed with my ears ringing, a crazy migraine and my back feels like someone just went scraping over it with a machete over and over again. I let out a whimper of pain in the highest level and as if my hubby heard me, he burst through the door and not knowing that his touch would hurt me, I scream in agony when he tries to hold me in his arms,"Everything hurts", I start sobbing.

"I don't know what to do my love. I know you're going through your first shift's side effects. And I know it doesn't make it that much better, but just squeeze all the pain that you're feeling right now into my hand".

I gently shake my head, "I can't".

"Just do it".

I squeeze into his hand and I see him struggle at the pain I'm probably shooting into his hand right now. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just... Don't worry about me".

After what seems like hours, the pain is decreasing to something manageable. He lays down beside me and says,"I'm sorry I kicked you out of the car. I didn't mean to. I just got mixed emotions cause I thought you were keeping the fact that you're not human from me and you joking about it didn't make it any better".

I grimace and look up at him,"Not human?" I ask weakly.

He nods,"That's what Darft said".

"Wait.... So those weird people... That wasn't a dream??!!" I grimace at the pain that just exerted from me.

"I'm sorry. I know it's crazy and unbelievable-"

"You think??!?" I groan and turn my back to him slowly and carefully and mumble,"I need to think so give me some space".

"Okay", he answers without hesitation.

I feel my eyes start to sting at the realization of how crazy but real this all is. I'm not human. My body clearly verified that this is indeed true. I dunno why but something just doesn't feel right. Like I don't feel joy, instead I feel pain and sorrow and I dunno why and it's driving me crazy. I probably have to talk to my hubby about it eventually, but for now I need to rest. And with that conclusion, I close my eyes and sleep takes over me within seconds.