Chapter Nineteen:

It's been a week since we moved in and so far, the emperor and empress adopted one of our littles which I was very grateful for because she really needed a family circle. I feel so lucky and grateful to have been taken in by this pack inspite of our differences.

Now I just have to figure out how to restore my flock and who exactly came after us. It's highly unacceptable for them to just start killing us when we did absolutely nothing to them. So I start to investigate and as far as I know, they're vampires and I have absolutely no idea if they're gonna try to hunt is down or not.

But while we're protected, I'll ask the emperor and empress if they can help me figure this out because we need to get to the bottom of this and if we have to, call Darft and his siblings to help get things in order.

With that conclusion, I approach them as they're walking with their daughter. I smile as they notice me and smile before the beautiful empress says,"Hi Starter!" She greets me joy etched on every inch of her face. She is so beautiful. He is so lucky to have her. If he ever lets her go I will be very ready to take her as mine.

"Hello, King Starter", the emperor greets me. It's funny how he is the one who always remembers to speak to me while still acknowledging my leadership. I actually appreciate that very much.

I look at the sleeping girl in his arms hugging on to his neck and I can't help but feel warm inside to see this family. "Empress, emperor", I greet them with a slight bow of the head to show my respect.

"You don't have to bow to us, you are a king".

"I feel the need to as an act of gratitude".

He nods and asks,"How can we be of service?"

"Well, I was wondering if there's a way for you to help me investigate our attackers. I am not comfortable leaving your territory yet, but I do wanna get to the bottom of things nonetheless".

He nods curtly and responds with a,"Fair enough", he turns to Regina and passes Janette over to her. She takes her like she is weightless. They have a chaste kiss and then he plots a kiss on Janette's forehead before saying,"I'll come home in a little bit".

She nods and says,"Okay, my love. Stay safe".

"I will", he answers with a smile compelling her to smile back and turn to me to say,"Take care of my husband, Starter. He better come back home in one piece", she says as she starts to walk past.

I chuckle and say,"I'm bound by my goodwill to do so, ma'am. I would never hesitate to kill for him at this point".

"Good", she pats my back twice and I feel this rush of unexplainable feelings from her touch to the rest of my body that I hope neither of them noticed. "Bye boys", with that she walks on heading home.

I turn my focus to the emperor who says,"If I didn't know better I'd say you're eyeing my wife, King Starter. I hope that is not what is happening", he says with a joking tone making me chuckle nervously

"Your wife is beautiful, emperor. I'm afraid it's hard to ignore her beauty. However, wanting her is not anywhere on my mind".

He nods believing my lie and asks,"So what have you discovered so far?"

"Well, I know they're vampires... And I know that they're related to the luna of the Amethyst Skies pack a ways away from here. I overheard them talk about going there to visit their cousin and possibly cause havoc. I think it is wise to warn their pack and ask them to help us investigate as well since they are family".

"Yeah, but that means they're Regina's cousins too", he says with a voice filled with anger and bitterness of a whole other level which contagiously radiates through to me. "I have been wanting to kill those bastards a while now. So I will definitely help catch those hooligans", he promises with such spite in his tongue it could kill someone in a heartbeat if it was a poison. "Oh and... Please do not tell my wife about her vampire cousins. I wish not to send her into a panicked and terrified frenzy".

"Yes, sir", I respond genuinely. I wouldn't want to cause her any form of pain.

------------------- x -------------------