Chapter Ten:

I grimace when he says that and he looks concerned and asks,"What happened to make you so scared it? You know, last time you had a panic attack..."

I nod and ask Ava to tell him cuz I don't feel strong enough to do it. She obliges taking over.

"Hey" he says,"what's going on?"

----------------- x ---------------

I know when her other half is in control cause her eyes turn purple. She smiles sadly and says,"She's been through a traumatic experience in her life and no one stood up for her when it happened. I would've personally ripped them in half. But I wasn't there to protect her and I feel hurt by it".

"What happened?" I ask now anxious to know what happened.

She grimaces and says,"She was raped, Gabriel".

I felt my heart skip a beat and the anger building up,"What?" I bark out.

She nods,"She was only 9 and her mother covered it up and turned the blame on her", I could see the pain in her eyes.

I am trying to contain my anger in every way I can. My heart is aching like it just got stabbed by a knife. I grip onto the sheets next to her inhaling deeply.

"Who did it?" I snarl out.

"Her two cousins".

"Two??!!" I accidentally raise my voice. I take a deep breath. My other half is really giving me a hard time containing him. Remember that knife? It's now twisting painfully.

"She needs you. Please stay calm, I know it's angering and frustrating trust me I know. But just be gentle with her. She needs to heal. We have to be her support system".

I nod and she blinks and her eyes are normal again. She looks up at me nervously and I just engulf her in a tight yet gentle embrace. I cannot imagine what she had to endure through the years. That's why she was so rude to them. I just want to love her above and beyond right now. She is my life. I will not spare these men if I ever see them.

"I love you. No matter what. I have always loved you and I will forever love you. You are the reason that I was created. You own me... Forever. Nothing can ever change that. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you then but I am here now and I will never let anyone touch you ever again! You hear me?" I feel her nod and I kiss her forehead and allow mine to meet hers. She sniffles and I open my eyes to see her cheeks wet with her tears and I feel a sting in my heart again as I wipe the tears away.

"I love you so much more than you think, Regina. Nothing can ever change that. I will love you with every breath in my body, mark my words".

She nods again. We're now seated up and she lays her head against my chest as I stroke her hair. She sighs and says,"I love you too", it comes out hoarse but it still counts.

"I know", I smile as that actually made me feel better.

"I was scared of telling you cause I thought you would do something worse than my mom ever did".

I stiffen and answer quick,"Never. I'm yours. I will always support you especially through something as painful and traumatic as that. Do not rush yourself to complete the bond. My other half can wait now because I've marked you. All we gotta do now is get married. Can you believe we're 4 days away?"

She gasps and is instantly off me standing,"I'm getting married in 4 days... I'm getting married in 4 days..." She looks at me,"we're getting married in 4 days??"

"Yeah..." I trail off expecting the worst.

"I don't have a dress yet. I don't have any friends so I don't have any bridesmaids or matron-/maid-of-honor. I don't have my vows written. I have nothing!! We haven't even picked a house".

She starts hyperventilating and I'm by her in an instant rubbing her shoulders and saying soothing words to her. She sighs with her eyes closed so I say,"We can do this together. You do not need maids or a matron. Do you want a wedding with just the people you know and want to be there then do the reception party with the whole pack? Talk to me. I'm listening".

"Um... I didn't even think about people", she starts to hyperventilate again.

"Shhh.... Babe relax", I say as I rub her shoulders again. "Just tell me what you want and I'll get it done. Cake. Dress. Party. People. Meals. Anything you want. Just tell me; what do you see when you think of your dream wedding?"

I hold her hand and lead her toward my office. She stays in thought for a few seconds and says,"I want a 7-tier cake, white with every orchid species known both extinct and current and they have to be edible. And I want a mini cake with the prettiest and most unique of the orchids for just me and you", we reach the office and I lock the door behind us and we sit on the sofa as I write out what she is envisioning for our wedding. I'm glad I can distract her from all the negatives.

She continues,"I want a trumpet wedding dress not too fitting with no lace no bling and only real white flowers on the cathedral veil. A variety. Um..... Then people, the whole pack is invited.... My parents I guess and that's it. Then for meals, I don't care but it has to be Subway catering..." She stops to think for a few seconds.

"The rings?" I subtly ask.

"Uh what do you want for rings?" She asks me.

"Uh well, I'd like a gold band with inscriptions 'Regina and Gabriel 6.30.16'".

"Ooh! I want a silver one with the same inscriptions", she chirps happily making me chuckle.

"Wedding colors and theme?"

"Well we've established that I love flowers, as for the colors.... What do you want?"

"Blue?"

"Yeah but what kind?"

"I don't care. Navy blue I guess?"

"Ooh! Navy blue and... Lavender?"

"Sounds good to me", I smile. She's great at planning. I'm so lucky. She can definitely take over when I'm out for business.

"Baaaaaaabe?" She waves her hand infront of me.

"Hm?"

"Where'd you go?"

"I'm so proud to have you as my girl. You know that right?"

She blushes and looks down at her fingers with a slight nod. I tilt her head up by her chin,"I am very proud to have you as my mate. I want only you. No one can as much as try to match up to you".

She frowns and says,"Gabe... I-I love you. And... I want to be able to please you without having a panic attack ".

"I told you not to worry about it".

"But I wanna be a true wife to you. Not a room/bed mate".

"And you will be. At the right time".

She sighs,"I just feel incompetent".

"You're not!"

"I know.... But I still feel like it".

I sigh and watch her fidget with her pj strings. I take her hands into mine and say,"First the wedding then sex. That's what you wanted. That's what we're sticking to".

She nods,"Ok".

------------------- x ------------------