086. a new enemy made

H I R A E T H

lxxxvi||a new enemy made

James stares at Regulus for a second before his stunned eyes look at Maria who swallows and looks between their shocked faces with one of her own. Her brother looks at her, "is that true?"

Maria sighs, her breath trembling as she breathes in, looking away from her brother's face, not wanting to face the sympathy in any of their eyes as she nods slowly. She looks back at him but his face contorts from one of shock to rage, his jaw clenched and he pushes his tongue into his cheek, shaking his head. Sirius just looks at her with an unreadable expression, he's rarely one to he good with emotions. Lily had bring her hands onto her mouth, her green eyes teary.

Remus is the first to react, turning towards the building and beginning to walk back towards the stairs, a certain anger to the way he walks.

"Moony! Where are you going?" Sirius asks and Remus turns to them with an incredulous look on his face.

"Going to twat the bastard."

"Just—think for a second." James runs his hands through his hair, looking at Maria and grabbing her face, examining her before pulling her into an embrace, her arms shakily wrapping around his as he wraps his around her shoulders tightly. "Go home, okay?"

"What?"

"Take her home." He says to Lily who nods, hugging James and he kisses her cheek. "Maria, go."

"I don't—"

"Please." Regulus whispers, holding her hands in his and she sighs, pursing her lips. "I don't want you to see this."

"And I don't want any of you getting hurt because he. . ." Maria trails off, shaking her head and Regulus presses a long kiss on her forehead.

"Go."

She looks at them and grabs Lily's arm, the two girls disappearing from outside the manor and James sighs, looking at the boys as Peter comes hurrying out of the building with a dark haired girl, laughing.

"Wormtail—ditch the bitch, she cheated on two Ravenclaws at school." Remus says to Peter and the girl scoffs and walks away back into the house, Remus dragging Peter to the rest of the boys.

"What's going on?" Peter asks, seeing their hard faces. "What happened?"

"We're ripping Lucius Malfoy's bollocks off, that's what's going on." Remus says. The three other marauders share a look, knowing it's only three days until the full moon so Remus is basically enraged by any little thing. They can't imagine how angered he is by this.

"They're going to get themselves murdered!" Maria says anxiously as her and Lily stroll into the Potter Manor, the younger girl strolling into the dining room and grabbing some bread from a bowl in the centre of the table, eating in stressfully.