Zoning Out

He said , " When people cry in strong wind it is quite tough to hear the sound, so you just chose the right spot". I wiped up my face again and glanced at him, his face was calm and he was looking at the view. As I looked up at him, he looked at me too but quickly went back to look at the view and asked me, " Are you feeling any better Anna after crying it all out because sometimes crying helps us a lot. Don't worry, I won't ask you the reason and it's your choice to tell but if you take me as your friend and you can cry more if you are still not feeling any better. Trust me, you will feel better after that and don't worry, I won't tell anyone".

 I didn't even realize when I started to cry again and just like that tears poured down my cheeks for around 20 minutes . He slowly patted me on my back and asked me ," Anna, are you feeling any better now". I gave him a slight nod and it was genuinely a better feeling but I was still wondering if I should tell him the reason why I was crying. I decided to tell him after all he was not a person whose opinion would matter that much to me. I looked straight at the sky and started , " You know, it's sometimes even hard to live an easy life. Well, that is the case with me and after knowing this you might laugh at me or even think I am speaking out shit but since I cried it out so I should at least tell it too".

"I am a kind of person who is fine at almost everything. I am not bragging or trying to sound arrogant but this is the thing which is worrying me strangely. Everyone I know have their goals clear in life and I am sure that you would also have some clear goals in you life that you want to achieve. But me, I don't even know what else to do other then passing my exams and that's just it. This is not what I want, I want an adventurous life, a life having a goal to follow with. You might feel it strange but I want to do everything and pursue every single profession in my life. I want to know how it feels in every profession and I know, this is impossible but I can't help thinking about it. I have everyone to worry about me but still you are the first person whom I am telling this so don't tell anyone because they will think I am going crazy or something". Now, I looked at him he was staring at me seriously and suddenly he started laughing.

 Actually, I wasn't surprised on this reaction of him as I was kind of expecting the reaction after hearing me anyone would have done that but a little bit sooner. He said after laughing giving me a pleasant smile, " I am really sorry Anna but I didn't do this to hurt you ".

He continued, " I didn't laugh because I found it to be funny or some nonsense but my laughter was out of surprise because since the day I joined the school , I've seen you quite happy and peaceful but I just never expected that this quite face is carrying that much emotions all by herself burying them deep inside her".

I said, " Do you know, unlike all why I told you my feelings inside there ( pointing towards heart ), because I thought that you were not a person whose opinion mattered to me so it would not be any problem in telling you all this. Don't mind huh! By the way, the atmosphere here has become hectic isn't it.

 He smiled and gave me slight nod. I continued , " I know I was not nice to you at all , so let's start over. Hello , I am Anna Udolph and I would like to be your friend "reaching out my hand for a handshake.

He smiled at me too and said, " I am sorry too Anna for that day in library. I also would like to start over too. I am Finn Wagner".

 After that we shook hands and then we went back to the library . I told him, " Since, we have started over so lets work hard in the assignment together . Fighting!!!! ". Then we continued with our assignment , the next week was our deadline to submit and we were still working on it. The next day, I came to school and I was happy since Finn had finally apologized to me and we were friends. I entered the class and I didn't see Lucia. I thought she would be in the restroom but she was not there too. That felt weird because she was not a person who would take a day off without any notice and last evening too she left early because of some family emergency , I was worried by now that is something had happened in her family, if she was okay or not.

I went back to the class worried. As usual, everyone was in the class by now. I sat on my seat , Finn who was sitting behind me asked, " Is everything alright, Anna. You look worried." I gave him a nod and said , " I am alright ." He gave me a nod in agreement.

 The teacher came and took the attendance and she didn't ask anything about Lucia as if she already knew that she was gonna be absent. Then I felt a little bit relaxed because at least the teacher knew the reason. After the class ended, I went to the teacher and asked her, " Miss , do you know why Ms. Monet is absent today. As far as I know she doesn't get absent often ". The teacher smiled at me and said patting on my shoulder , " I guess you've got to know her Ms. Udolph, you are right she doesn't get absent often but I am afraid that she might not be able to come this week and you and Mr. Wagner have to submit the assignment by the end of the week by yourselves ". I gave her a slight nod and she left.

The school ended and we went library as usual to complete the assignment. The reason still made me curious but what else could I do other than to wait. Finn asked me, " Are you really okay because you have been zoning out since the morning. I think you are deep inside some thought".

 I told him about what teacher said . After listening, he sighed and then said," Then I am afraid Anna that we don't have time to get worried, because only 5 days are left till the deadline and we still have half a way to go. If we don't complete the assignment then it will cause effect on her marks too. So we should first complete it".

I agreed with him and we started working right away as we didn't have time left. I told my father also not to pick me up this week as I would be late and would come by taking the bus for the same reason. The week ended and we finally made it to submit the assignment on time. But Lucia didn't come the whole week. The results of the assignment were out now, our team was at the first place but we didn't have Lucia with us to celebrate. I went to the teacher to ask her but she didn't reply well so I asked her Lucia's address saying that she had missed a lot from school these days. So, I could give her my notes. The teacher hesitated first but after that she gave me her address and it was not far away. I asked Finn if he wanted to go with me as we were a team after all. He agreed and we reached her home. I rung the door bell and after a while a fair skinned lady with blonde hair in her mid forties opened the door.