You surely are strange

Both were looking at each other as if they already knew each other. I could not keep my curiosity anymore. I asked," Do you two each other? I mean the way you are looking at each other is making me think so".

They looked at each other startled. I was right, they did know each other.

"I asked something, you see". I asked making a straight face.

"No", "Yes" they both blurted out at the same time and I burst into laughter.

" I know you two each other. Look at your faces, it is obvious that you met before. Stop behaving like a kid. It is not like I am going to kill you or something if I know the truth". I said holding my laughter.

They also let out a nervous laughter. Diego quickly changed the topic.

" So, Anna you got a friend. Then, I don't think I'll have to worry about being alone here. I can go to office right". He asked with pleading eyes. I smiled and gave him a nod.

Since, I am going soon. So, I am planning to spend the afternoon with you guys playing this and that". He said happily. We both gave him a slight nod.

And we spent the whole afternoon playing board games in my hospital room and this is how I laughed after a while, wholeheartedly. They were also happy. In the evening, Diego left saying that he needed to buy some stuffs.

It was me and Brian in the room now. Lucia and Finn didn't come saying that they got into an emergency. We decided on playing a small game of rock, paper and scissors to decide the winner. The winner will get a wish to ask whatever they want. But, two questions of course.

That small game went for a while. And I won. I was clapping like a baby. Then, I remembered the bet. And my smile turned into an evil laugh just to scare him. Because it was fun to see him like this.

" So, ready for the first question". He nodded and I continued," What are you doing here in the hospital".

His expression turned into a serious one and I regretted asking instantly.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to. You don't have to answer.." he cut me off " No, its nothing. I was just picking on you". He continued,

"My mom is here admitted. She just had an appendicitis operation and she is admitted here for the past two days and will be here for the remaining week, now the second question".

"The second question...tell me about your family". I said

" My family.. they are great. I have a mother who is so caring and a father who pretends to be strict sometimes in front of my mom but instead he sides with me. I don't have any sibling". He said as his lips curved to form a smile. I think he was remembering those moments.

He quickly came out of his world and looked at me.

"You are strange". He whispered but I heard and I chuckled slightly.

"May I ask why is that, that I am strange". I asked.

"Well, as far as I know if it was someone else then they would have asked about my dating life or some weird hobbies of mine to embarrass me. But, you just asked these two questions and both contained family and emotions. This is why, you are strange". I knew he was looking for a answer but I was not ready to tell him the answer.

" Can we got for a while. It feels suffocating in here. I want fresh air".