Finally, bad times are over

Diego was supporting me completely and my complete focus was now to graduate from school with grades and get into a university.

Since, I was in the neighborhood with Brian. We were in the same school and went to school together. We had developed a pretty strong bond and deep inside I was still afraid to show him my vulnerable side although he had seen it once.

Petra and I were hitting off really well. She was also fine with her grades and she had decided on being a doctor. And now as time passed, me, Petra and Brian we were like an inseparable trio in the school. And finally, the rest of the six months passed just like that and we were going to have our last exam tomorrow.

All the exams before went pretty well but what scared the shit out of us was waiting for the results because the university, I was applying for. I had already given the entrance examination for that. I was pretty confident about it but still the thought of results scared me.

Petra and Brian had applied for the medical school of the same university and they were done with their entrance too.

As for Diego, he completed his internship last month and was employed by the same company at a really good post. Every month, we went to our parents to give updates about our lives. And my PTSD was completely cured but as for my BPD, it was nearly cured but it would still take few more sessions.

The doctors were surprised at my progress because the last episode that hit me was in the interval of 2 months on my exam day. Brian was there with me and since our friendship was now for last 6 months, he knew how to calm me down and he was successful in that.

As for Lucia and Finn, there relationship was also going great. We still kept contact with each other and went out once in a while to hang out.

TIME SKIP TO THE GRADUATION DAY AT SCHOOL

We were all nervous wrecks, we had all got good grades and I was going to get a prize of the best student of the year. I was really surprised at this because I wasn't even a whole year at this school. And the teachers told me that it was the first time that a student who transferred in middle of the year was going to get that prize.

When I told Diego, he was jumping like a kid as if I won a national award or something but that day was truly full of surprises that me and diego gave to each other.

Flashback

I reached home a bit early, because after the good news of me getting the prize. The teachers decided to leave me early. I was really happy because I knew Diego was going to love the news. I reached home and opened the door. 

I entered the living room only to see Diego with a girl cuddling and watching TV. As I entered and they were both startled. I crossed my arms to wait for an answer as to who she was. I definitely didn't mind who she was but it was fun teasing Diego and the expressions that he was holding was really worth teasing him.

We all sat in the living room, me looking at both of them and Diego finally broke the silence,

" Anna, this is Paige, my girlfriend. I was definitely going to tell you but I didn't expect you to find it this way".

"Is she your co-worker", I asked while trying to hold a poker face while he simply just nodded.

"I want to talk to her, alone". Diego was silent not knowing what to say but Paige agreed and we went to my room. After closing the door, I finally burst into laughter.

Paige was confused at me. 

"I am sorry, I am really sorry. But, I can't hold back. Did you see Diego's face. It was as if he had a bad stomach", I said while trying to mimic him.

"So, you don't have a problem with us dating?" She asked

"Of course not, why would I? I was just teasing him, it has been a while since I did that" I smiled at her and continued while we sat on my bed facing each other.

"I have three reasons to agree with you two dating and I think three reasons are enough for me. First, it is Diego who is dating someone and who is liking someone so it is his choice that matters the most, I am just a second opinion who will eventually agree with her brother. Second, I know my brother's choices are always right and he wouldn't do something inappropriate and Third, I really like you. So yeah, that's how it is" I finished finally looking at her. 

She smiled and placed her hands on top of mine, " Thankyou Anna. You are just like what Diego told me. You know, whenever we were together he always talked about you. I am sorry to say this but I was kind of annoyed at first because every single topic ended up with him talking about you. But now that I am meeting you, I don't think he was wrong. I am sorry for thinking about you that way before even meeting you" she said feeling slightly guilty.

" What? He talked about me even on your dates. He just totally messed up your dates. Don't be sorry. I think he needs a punishment for that. How about you help me with it?" I asked and she was confused at first but after I told her the plan she agreed.

I told her to act as if I didn't accept them and I had given Diego a choice to choose between me and Paige. Paige did really well while I watched his expressions and little did he know that I was recording him secretly giggling. When we broke it to him that it was a prank and I accepted them, he was really happy. And then I told him about my prize and he was such a baby jumping in excitement.

We all went to celebrate out that day and I took Brian with me since I didn't want to be a third wheel. We finished the dinner while chatting and we ended up taking a walk together. Me and Brian decided to go to other side of the park to give them some time together. 

And I told Brian about what happened in the day, and we were both a laughing mess. He ruffled my hair in middle of the laughter and I felt something tingle inside. I didn't know what it was.

End of flashback

I was smiling while remembering the events that happened a few days back. I realized in these days that I had started liking Brian but I could not bring myself to tell him that because I was still afraid. 

And I could confirm myself too because me, Brian and Petra we all had cleared the entrance exam for the university.

The whole ceremony ended happily with Diego being the loudest one to cheer me with Paige being beside her. After the ceremony, I decided to mom and dad. I told Diego that I wanted to go alone. He didn't agree at first but eventually I made him agree.

I reached there with a bouquet of flowers in my hand. I placed the flowers before them and sat down.

" Mom, Dad. I am here"