Different Indifferents

I gathered up my whole courage and decided to tell him.

"Brian" I continued after a deep breath

"I.. I like you" and I closed my eyes only to hear him choking in the air. I made a mistake, he doesn't like me. Fuck this, Anna. What are you gonna do now? 

When he stopped choking, I decided to open my eyes. I opened my eyes and he was staring at me. I decided to apologize,

"Look, Its okay if you don't feel.." and I was stopped in the middle with his lips on mine. It was a lot to take in and it was my fucking first kiss. I did not kiss back and my eyes were wide open. After a few moments, he pulled back and looked straight into my eyes.

" I like you too. I was going to propose you first on the day when we were going to university. Me and Petra had it all planned. I didn't expect you to propose to me first but I can swear on anyone that I will never break your trust and I will understand your every decision". 

I was really happy. This was legit what I wanted. More than anything, I only wanted trust and understanding. I gave him a sheepish smile and this time I pulled him into a kiss.

He was startled at first but he replied back. It was a small kiss but it said it all. We rested our foreheads together and we were interrupted by my brother.

We were both startled to see their startled faces but their faces were slowly covered with huge smiles.

The next few days were quite good. We spent them in shopping for our university supplies and I took Brian to visit our parents. It was not that he had not been there before but it was the first time when he had something to say.

Petra was really happy at the thought of double date but I reminded her that she needed to have a date for that. Diego's wedding had been decided in 7 months. It was quite late but still they both agreed because they had to talk to Paige's parents.

AFTER 7 MONTHS, THE WEDDING DAY

We were all ready and I was in Paige's room. Although, Diego was my brother but I was her bridesmaid. She was looking gorgeous and nervous at the same time. We had grown closer after the day I confessed.

It was finally time and I went in the hall where Brian was waiting for me. He gave me a slight hug and I hugged him back. We were doing great and because of him I was completely cured of BPD and I did not have anymore episodes.

The marriage was great and Diego started crying as he saw Paige in the wedding gown. I too had tears in my eyes because I thought of the moment if mom and dad were here with us. They would have been so happy.

Brian patted my back and he knew why was I crying.

I was happy. Now, I did not want to be different because I knew everyone was different in their own way in this world of indifferents. I was happy with who I was and how I was.

I had a family and it had Diego and Paige in it. Mom and dad, it was as if they never left our side. Petra was a best friend which everyone deserved and I was lucky enough to have her in my life. And Brian was someone whom I could trust and love wholeheartedly. 

In the end, I had myself. A clumsy me who loved everyone and just wanted smile on everyone's faces.

THE END