Roller coaster

I sat down in front of my parents and gave them a smile.

" Mom, dad. I think bad times are over. I am learning to be happy again. I hope you are also happy" I started gazing at the sky and continued,

"Mom, do you know your son has grown up. He is dating this really sweet girl and I always tease him for that" I chuckled thinking of the time when me and Paige pranked him.

"You should've seen his reaction. Today, I graduated from school and you know what I got selected in the university too. Me, Brian and Petra will be going there together". I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I have something to tell you guys. I think, I have started to like Brian and well, more than a friend". I finally confessed to them

"But, I am still too afraid to admit that. I am afraid thinking that what if I lose him just like I lost you guys or what if we aren't compatible or what if I am not able to trust him. I don't think I can bear that again, the loss". My eyes were teary but I was holding a faint smile on my face because I had promised them that I would always smile no matter what.

After sitting a few more minutes, I finally bid my goodbye to them because within a couple of days, we were going to the university and I would not be able to visit them for a few days.

I reached home and found Diego scrolling through his phone, well checking something. There were a couple of wrapped items in front of him. I went and sat beside him.

" Who are they for?" I asked startling him.

" Umm..that one is for you, this one for Brian and this one for Petra. A gift from my side for your graduation".

"Really" I said cheering and he nodded happily.

I started to unwrap mine but he stopped me and told me to unwrap it with the others as he had called them.

After around an hour, both of them arrived and I was damn excited to open them. As they arrived, Diego was too shy to let them open the gifts in front of him so he just left saying that he was going to meet Paige.

Petra was the first one to open. It was a pack of her favorite chocolates and a congratulatory message. Next up was Brian, it was a cologne and I suppose it was his favorite and then again a congratulatory message which he didn't let us read or even peek.

Finally, It was my turn. I opened the package and it was a beautiful analog watch which I truly loved. And there was a piece of paper in it which I suppose was the same message. I opened it only to find a whole letter written by Diego.

Dear sis,

Congratulations on graduation and admission to your university.

I am proud of you and so are mom and dad. Originally, I was not going to write this letter until I saw you visiting mom and dad. I am sorry, I heard everything. Please don't be mad.

Well, technically I should be mad because my little likes a boy whom I know and she didn't even tell me. He is a good guy. Instead of starting to trust him, try to start trusting yourself and you won't even realize that you will eventually start trusting him. 

And go for it, I am 200 percent sure that he likes you. Why? Because I am a boy and I understand his mind and heart and if he makes you cry I swear to god. I am gonna make make him cry a hundred more times.

Anna, you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Become a great journalist and make your family proud. Coming to the topic of family, I realized that I had to tell you one thing. I could not bring myself to tell this to you person so here it is.

I proposed Paige yesterday and she agreed. So, yeah I mean we marrying. Now, after reading this please come and hug me so that I will take that as if you read it.

Diego

I was smiling continuously and Didn't realize that Petra was peeking and she read it all. I understood whom I liked. I looked at her with pleading eyes but she just gave me an evil smile. 

"Diego is getting married" I thought she was going to scream that I like Brian but thankfully she did not and I took a deep breath. Then, we all went on a dinner along with Paige of course.

After dinner, I decided to tell Brian not thinking of what outcome it was gonna bring.

We were taking a walk back to our houses, Petra had already gone home. Diego and Paige were ahead of us, I motioned Brian to go to the park and take a walk.

We were in the park, taking the walk. I decided to gather my courage.

"Brian" He looked up at me.

"I.. I like you"