Visiting their grave

I was holding her hand which was covered in blood and on the other side were dad, lifeless. I cracked into tears. Begging them to come back until something fell and I remember nothing after that.

I opened my eyes, it was all blurry but I could tell that I was somewhere silent . Slowly, my vision cleared and I could see a familiar figure facing his back towards me and looking out through the window. I tried to get up but it was painful, my leg had a plaster on it and my hands were wrapped in bandages and I could feel that the most painful part at that moment was my head.

Thinking of the head, all the memories before me blanking out came back. I got hyper again thinking of my parents. I called out for them in a faint voice but loud enough for the person to hear since it was dead silent in that room.

It was Diego, my brother. He turned around and I could see that he cried until he ran out of tears. His eyes were puffy and cheeks dry. He slowly walked towards me giving a faint smile, a genuine one and it seemed that he got relieved a little on seeing me.

He sat at the corner of the bed and held my hands, squeezing it and looking at me as if there was no tomorrow and I was going to disappear.

"Mom and Dad, where are they Diego? I saw them there, they were sleeping, please wake them up. Please tell them to come back, they will listen to you. Please Diego". I said

His eyes were again filled with tears and he instantly wrapped his arms around me and hugged me as tight as he could. I hugged him back and we both cried for a while like that.

" I am sorry Anna. I tried to wake them but they won't answer any of us. I was worried to death thinking if something would happen to you then I wouldn't be able to stay alive. Thank you Anna for waking me up". He said in between his sobs.

" I want to visit them". I blurted out.

" We will but not now".

" Then when Diego, you know... they were... were in front me when we.. we.. collapsed and I... I could not do anything... I could not help them.. if I had been a little brave to cross that crack... they would be... with us but they are not... they are not Diego... I want to apologize... I want to apologize to them for what I did".

" It is not your fault. Don't you ever say like that again. We will visit them together. Okay!!"

I gave him a nod and he laid me down again telling me that he was going to ask the doctor if he could take me to them.

I laid down recalling all our memories together. How happy we were, together. That nightmare came true after all. Then, why was I left alive. I think we both are alive for each other.

I was lost in the thought until the door opened and I saw Lucia and Finn. Lucia had tears in her eyes. She came running to me and took me in her embrace. Finn warned her about my injuries and she broke the hug.

We talked for a while, they tried to distract me from all that stuff and while talking I realized that it had been almost a week since I was admitted and I went into a coma after surgery. The doctors told that my chance for waking up was pretty less. Now, I understood why Diego was looking at me with those eyes. He was afraid that he would never see me.

After a couple of hours, they both went back after promising me that they would visit me everyday. Diego came and he told me that I could not leave the hospital for a week. After that, we could visit our parents or I should say their grave.