Most Prized Possession

" I don't think this is how a life is spent and I don't think this how i am gonna be able to spend it".

I closed my eyes and let the tears escape my eyes. I didn't held in any longer. I cried as loud as I could burning all the energy inside me. Letting the sobs exhaust me completely.

Diego came suddenly and sat beside me. I still was not holding back, he took me in his embrace and wrapped his arms around me. I cried hard burying myself in his chest.

After a while, I felt better and pulled myself back and started looking at my parents again.

"Anna, what do you think a most prized possession is?" Diego asked grabbing my attention.

"hunh!" I asked confused.

"What is a most prized possession". He asked and I answered after thinking for a while,

" Something that is most dear to us in the whole world and we can't bear the pain to leave it".

He nodded, and asked again, "What do you think my most prized possession is?"

I was confused, so I just took a guess which seemed correct to me. I answered,

"Mom and dad it is, isn't it".

"Nope, you are wrong".

"Then, what is it and Diego why in the world are you asking me this?" I was losing my patience by now.

"You". He said

"What do you mean?"

"My most prized possession, it is you. Mom and dad, they both are the people I love very much but the one person I can never bear to leave, it is you. You know, when we fought, you used to be angry with me and I used to love it,  I still do love your angry face but it is not that anger anymore". He said, a smiling forming on his face.

"I know, you have BPD and you recently got PTSD, yesterday you collapsed because of this. I know, you are suffering a lot inside, you are suffering from an immense pain which I can't even understand. But, just try to think about, for once. If mom and dad were here, well they are here. They are watching us every single moment. Will they want us to be like this? Will they want us to be sad? Will they want you to feel guilt with every smile you pull off when you were not the one at fault?" He continued without looking at me.

I was dumbfounded, he knew everything. What he said was somewhat right but mu dumb self was unable to understand. He continued,

" It was the damn earthquake caused by nature, it was not you. It will never be you. Now, you decide if you want to make mom and dad sad by making yourself miserable or do you want to fight back. I am with you in any choice you make". He completed himself, finally looking up at me looking at me.

I didn't know what to say, I needed time. So, I just got up and Diego immediately helped me up knowing that I needed time. We went back to the hospital. The whole ride was silent again. But this time, my mind was battling with myself and the choices I made.

I reached my room and Diego helped my on my bed and he started to leave saying that he needed to ask the doctor. His face was expressionless. He reached the door and just held the knob and I said something to stop him,

" You won't win this time, Diego". He opened the door and I continued,

" Because you are going to team up with me" This time he stopped and turned at me surprised.

" I want to fight back. I want to make you guys happy". A huge smiled covered his face.

" Nope, you are going to make yourself happy. We will become happy once you are".

I smiled and nodded eagerly. He ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"I am proud of you, my lil sis".