Lucky. Are you kidding me?

After a couple of hours, they both went back after promising me that they would visit me everyday. Diego came and he told me that I could not leave hospital for a week. After that, we could visit our parents or I should say their grave.

Waiting for one week inside a room of hospital, without having anything to do seemed like forever to me. That night, I woke again. I saw that Diego was asleep on the couch. He seemed tired.

After all, he was going through the same pain as me and he had to take care of me too.

I silently got up and took my crouches without making any noise. And I left the room silently. It was midnight and the corridor was silent. I made my way to the park of the hospital. My leg was not hurting that much since I had already taken the painkiller.

I went there and sat at the nearest bench.  I looked up the starry sky and felt the cool breeze touching my bare hands. It felt good. I looked up again noticing the stars.

I wondered if what people said was true, if my parents were a star now watching me from afar. I missed them. I missed them so bad.

I was in pain, my heart was like it was being torn apart with a sword. I could feel tears filling up my eyes. It was painful but then I thought about Diego because he was going through so much more pain than me but still he was standing there, strong. 

Now, tears started falling down. Suddenly, I heard footsteps and I thought it was Diego. I quickly wiped away my tears and tried to act as if nothing happened (but I am a terrible actor when it comes on hiding tears).

Just then, someone sat beside me. At first, I did not even look because I thought it was my brother but since he didn't say anything so I wondered if I was wrong. I looked beside me and it was not Diego.

He was a boy around my age, he was around 182cms, his blonde hair were flowing because of wind and his eyes were deep, deep enough for anyone to drown. I didn't realize I was staring at him.

" Hey, can you stop staring at me. Well, I know I am handsome but I don't like being stared at". He suddenly said without looking at me. I was embarrassed at what I did.

" It is midnight. Shouldn't you be sleeping now". I asked looking up at the night sky again.

" I can ask you the same. And you are a patient at that. So, you being out is riskier". He said while pointing out my hospital gown.   I didn't reply.

" I am Brian by the way. Brian Schmidt". He said while reaching his hand out for a handshake.

" Anna. Anna Udolph". I shook his hands.

" Can I ask what happened to you. Did you get into an accident or something?" He asked after sometime.

" Well, you van sort of say that. But, it was due to the earthquake last week. I was near the Westerland Beach and it had the most terrible one there". I said still not looking at him because I was afraid that tears might fall down.

" You are lucky. You are alive with just a fracture. The region you are talking about had tremendous amount of deaths and only a few were able to survive. You are one them".

" Lucky. Are you kidding me? I'd rather be dead than be alive like this. I feel like a complete shit right now. My mind right now is screwed with all sort of things and my condition is fucked up and you are saying I am lucky". I snapped at him and took my crouches and went back without even looking. I was furious.