Chapter 3

What the hell just... happened?

I couldn't believe my eyes that I had just seen Ethan get punched in the face and fall on the ground.

The guy who'd punched Ethan was coming towards me and I just froze. He looked angry. I couldn’t stop staring at his face.
He made eye contact with me for like 2 seconds.

He was the first guy whom I had looked right in the eyes. He pushed me away and walked out.

Ethan was looking at me and I was just standing still.

Should I say something? 'Its alright, I didn't see anything.' No, he'd be mad at me.
I bit my lips, looking at my feet and then walked back to my classroom.

Canteen-
Stace was eating her burger peacefully when I spoke,” Well, I had made up my mind to talk to him.”

“Really?” she asked,” When are you going to?”

“I don’t think I will anymore."

"Why's that?" She questioned.

"I went there today and saw a guy punch him. The way he looked at me was as if he didn’t want to see me anymore. He must be embarrassed.” I told her.

“Hang on, someone punched him?” she asked, putting her burger down in the plate.

“Yeah, a guy who seemed younger than Ethan.” I answered and she unlocked her phone and started swiping aggressively.

“Is this him?” she showed me a picture on her phone and I nodded.

“I knew it! That’s Edwin, Ethan’s younger brother.” She said,” Sometimes I want to beat him but I just can’t dare to.”

“Wait, his younger brother punched him and he didn’t do anything?” I asked.

“Ethan can never hit anyone, then hitting Edwin is just impossible.” She sighed.

“Why did Edwin hit him…” I uttered.

“Who knows?” she rolled her eyes.

I couldn’t talk to him for days. I was afraid he might ignore me, although he wasn’t that kind of a person. He didn’t do lives or upload videos for a week. His 380K followers were going crazy and many started unsubscribing his channel. He acted like himself in school but something was bothering him.

Was he too hurt because of what his brother did?

11th November
I woke up cheerfully and got ready for school before time.

“What’s gotten into you?” mom laughed.
“It’s my friend’s birthday.” I said.

It was Ethan’s birthday that day and I had decided to start our conversation by wishing him. Who would be mad on their birthday?

“Your dad will take us for a movie tonight so come home early after cram okay? Movie's at 9:30.”

“I’ll be back early then. Bye, mom!” I left for school.