Chapter 48

27th November

School-

With muffled breaths, I made my way to Elijah's classroom. My eyes searched for him desperately. He knew exactly what was going on with me and he might be able to offer some sort of help. Besides, he was the only one who would believe me if I said I was being haunted by a ghost, or to be exact, Ethan's ghost. I was still unsure whether I just imagined Ethan or he really was there. 

"Good Morning," someone tapped on my shoulder but when I turned, there wasn't anyone behind me. I faced forward again and seeing Edwin right in front of my face, I frowned and stepped away.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Well, this is my classroom?" He folded his arms next to his chest and looked me up and down, then smirked.

"Why are you  here?" He questioned.

"Since I'm not your captive anymore, I don't need to answer you. Move." I snapped, giving him a stern look before pushing him by the shoulder and scanning the room all over again. 

Elijah is my junior? 

"I'm thinking," Edwin was still after me," Why don't we become friends?"

"Friends with you? I think I'll pass."

"How about enemies?" He asked, glaring at me the way he did the previous night when he didn't hesitate to break the window of his BMW.

"I told you I didn't tell anyone about you. I'm not interested in Ethan's case." I clarified, thinking he was being hostile towards me because he thought I told on him.

"Would you believe in anything I say?" He asked and I shook my head," Nope, never."

"Exactly. I'm going to keep watching you." He threatened.

"Why does it even matter to you whether the detective knows it or not? Why don't you want them to find out? Why are you hiding it? It's not related to his-" I shot him with some questions I never wanted to ask, for I wanted to stay away from everything regarding what happened to Ethan, but I was so irritated that I ended up asking and fucked up.

"Mind your tongue or I'll yank it out." He smiled.

My eyes shifted from Edwin to Elijah, who had just walked into the classroom, with his phone pressed against his ear. He looked frustrated.

I followed Elijah to his seat where he slumped down, still looking at his phone.

"Hey." I spoke.

"So, I was right?" He asked, not lifting his gaze from the phone.

"Yeah." I said after looking around us.

"Meet me in the canteen." He said before dialing a number and sighing as the call wasn't getting connected.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Stace has been absent for two days and she doesn't answer the phone too."