Chapter 96

I thought I would collapse right then and there. Ethan Miler kissed me.

And next, he hugged me. It was the best hug of my life. What else could I say to describe that feeling of giddiness in my stomach like I've reached the pinnacle of my reason of existence, like I've achieved everything I wanted and now I can die peacefully.

But that feeling didn't last long. The sudden footsteps approaching us made me turn around abruptly and then entered the man behind everything that had gone wrong.

The man who mudered Ethan was standing near the collapsed door with a gun in his hand, pointing not at me, but at his own son, Edwin Miler.

"Are you trying to prove you're a complete idiot by not following my orders?" The 'dad' spoke.

"How many more people will you kill?" Edwin sounded agitated as he stood up from the ground.

"This girl was going to be the las-"

"No! You tried to kill that detective and after her was going to be Elijah!" Edwin shouted," You've become a killer after you killed Ethan."

"What are you trying to pull right now, my idiotic son?" The man chuckled.

"I'm not your son." Edwin said bitterly," I'd rather die-"

"Die then." In a second, the bullet pierced through Edwin's chest. I wasn't seeing wrong. Edwin, who was standing a few seconds ago was now on the ground, blood oozing out of his chest.

I instinctively screamed out his name and the man who just shot his son turned towards me with his gun still pointed.

"You kids sure lived a short lif-" before he could pull the trigger, something restrained his hand.

There was a cloud of stress on his face as he looked at his own arm, which was slowly turning towards himself.

"No! What's happening?!" He yelled as the gun pointed at his forehead.

More footsteps approached us and about five armed cops stepped in, along with medics, but seeing the scene, they all paused.

Ethan...  I called out his name in my head. He was doing it all. He was going to kill his murderer with his own hands.

Thinking Ethan was still behind me, but was using an invisible force to manipulate his dad, I took a step back to hold Ethan's hand, but was met with nothing. I immediately turned my head around to see Elijah lying unconscious on the ground.

Before I could even understand that Ethan was no longer in Elijah's body, I heard the gunshot.

Everything fell silent.

A/N

YAAAY I've published my third story titled Your Fault! Check it out on my profile :))