Chapter 87

It was a warm, winter morning wedding. The area faced warm sunrays. Chairs covered in white velvets were lined into aisles and several guests were seated, some standing and admiring the beautiful floral theme. At the end of each seated aisle, jasmine scented candles hung from tree branches. Spread down the aisle was white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn't crack when you stepped on them.

A peach colored couch, decorated with white flowers was placed on the stage up in front and on it were the bride and groom to be seated. An officiant was standing on the stage with the Holy Bible in his hand. The wait wasn't for long, as the groom stepped on the stage and five minutes after that came the bride, walking down the aisle in her white dress gracefully. As soon as she arrived, a melancholic music produced by several violins was played. She held a bouquet in her hands, holding it in front of her chest. Little girls dressed in white gowns, wearing tiaras followed the bride closely and that's when I noticed who one of the girls was.

On her wheelchair that was decorated with silver nets sat Kelly with a wide grin on her face. Her doctor was getting married. I could almost feel her happiness.  

The groom gave Ms. Frost a hand and pulled her onto the stage carefully. They looked at each other with love-filled eyes and then over to the officiant as he ordered them to stand in the middle of the stage. 

I glanced towards Elijah secretly. His head was high, watching the soon-to-be couple put rings on each other's fingers. I sighed with a smile before turning back to the stage.

.

.

.

"I pronounce them as husband and wife, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. You may now kiss the bride." The officiant announced and the newly wed couple shared a kiss. 

Once the clapping of hands died down and everyone went around to enjoy themselves while the couple seated themselves on the couch placed on the stage, I wavered at the beautiful setting once again. It had been so long since I'd attended a wedding. No, I'd never attended a single wedding. 

"Careful!" I heard Elijah and immediately looked at where he was standing earlier. He had moved a little forward from his spot, holding the arm of a girl who had tumbled upon a stone. She was wearing pencil heels, so it was a given, walking on grass wearing such sharp heels.

"Thank you very much." She chuckled a little, looking at Elijah.

"It could've been pretty bad." He sighed and let go of her arm.

"I'm sorry for the trouble. I'd like to make it up to you...could I get your..." She couldn't finish before Elijah had already turned on his heel and started walking towards me.   

Either he likes someone or he hasn't moved on from Stace. That was a great chance that he kicked away.

His eyes were locked with mine as he approached me and my heart started beating uncontrollably fast.

Stop it Gwen! 

I broke the eye-contact, fidgeting with my fingers and looked ahead as he stood beside me.

"Mrs. Frost looks pretty." I said.

"And happy." Elijah added.

"Oh shoot!" I groaned," I didn't take pictures."

"Nor did I." He said and shrugged," We can count on dad though. He loves taking pictures." 

"Of crime scenes." I joked.