Chapter 11

Home-
I banged the door close when I entered my house which made mom ask if something was wrong.

“I want to be alone.” I said.

“Did someone investigate you?” she asked.

“No one did because it’s got nothing to do with me. I won’t have dinner tonight.” I said and proceeded to climb upstairs.

“Why?” she asked.

“I’m not hungry!” I yelled. I had never done that before, raising my voice in front of my parents. Ethan’s death was affecting me adversely.

I sat on my bed and bit my lips. I was moving my head up and down and biting my nails. I was tensed. The more I wanted to forget about it, the more I was reminded of it.

I was regretting everything, being friends with Stace, trying to talk to Ethan, and texting him. I shouldn’t have done any of that.

I fell back on my bed and closed my eyes. I kept saying ‘forget about it'  in my head to console myself when I heard a whisper.

I opened my eyes and looked at the door. It was locked from inside and there was no one in the room except me.

“I must be too tired.” I said to myself and went to my study table to study a bit before going to bed because tired or not, I still had to study.

13th November

“Good Morning mom.” I said as I sat down for breakfast.

“Morning.” She spoke.

“I’m sorry for yesterday.” I apologized.

“It’s totally fine honey. If something bothers you, do tell me okay?” she asked and I nodded,” Yeah.”

“Your room’s light is on?” dad asked me.

I remembered turning it off before coming downstairs but when I looked upstairs towards my room, I could see light coming through the gap under the door.