Chapter 29

25th November
School-
I was taking notes in Biology class. I hadn't experienced anything odd since I'd arrived at school.

I was really confused about my condition. Had it got something to do with the house? Was there a ghost? Or was it just me losing my sanity?

"Do you have an extra pen? Mine stopped working." Emma nudged me on the shoulder.

"Yeah?...Uh...Yeah I do." I uttered and took out a pen and handed it to her.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Absolutely."

"I asked for a pen." She said, showing me the pencil  that I'd given her.

"I'm...sorry. I just pulled it out randomly." I said, giving her a pen this time.

Canteen-
"Prom is coming. I'm excited." Stace said. I didn't care much because Prom night was a night that I would spend at home, watching goosebumps series. That's how I spent my New Year as well.

Others would give their partners heartful kisses and presents while watching the fireworks and crying out 'Happy New Year'   while I would be all by myself. And now, the one that I liked was also dead.

"Elijah, here!" Stace called out to someone behind me and soon the seat beside me was occupied by a guy. I didn't look at him, because of my stupid anxiety.

"Hey." He spoke, turning his head towards me.

"Hi." I said, digging into my plate and took a mouthful of bite from my cheese pizza.

"She's anti social. Don't mind her." Stace laughed.

Great. She's one of the reasons why people don't talk to me. But I like it when they don't, so i don't mind her telling people that I'm anti social.

"What are you doing on the 30th of this month?" Elijah asked her.

"I'm free."

"Are you?" I asked her back with a cold stare. Had she already forgotten that we had to go to her uncle because we were both going crazy?

"Is there a problem?" Elijah asked me and I looked at him coldly,"She's not free that day." I asserted.

"I...see." He uttered, not taking his eyes off me. Creep.

"But we have to go shopping for the prom." Stace told me and I looked back at her," Is that more important than your sanity?" I questioned.

"Who's insane?" Elijah asked.

"Will you stop butting into our conversation?" I asked him to shut up.

"Stop being rude to him." Stace snapped.

"We made plans already Stace, you can't-" I said but she stood up and held Elijah's arm," We'll go to my uncle later. Take care." She told me and left with that nut-job.

I've tasted betrayal many times. This doesn't bother me anymore.