Chapter 16

“Oh my god!” I panicked at the sight of blood. My ear, jaw and throat were all hurting.

I stood up to get myself cotton but since my ear was injured, my body lost balance and I fell. I placed my hand on my ear to stop the blood while crying. I felt dizzy and my vision was blurred.

I crawled towards my bed to get the first-aid kit but everything appeared dark and I fainted.

21st November
I woke up on my own the next morning. My ear was still paining but thankfully It wasn’t bleeding any more.

I went to the bathroom to wash off the blood, aided my ear and laid on the bed to sleep more. My whole body was paining because of sleeping on the floor in the cold. It was a Sunday anyway so I decided to sleep a little more.

I woke up two hours later and went downstairs.

“What’s that cotton in your ear about?” Dad asked me.

“I was cleaning it last night but ended up hurting myself.” I answered in a low voice. It was hard to move my jaw because it was painful.

“Is it serious? Should we take her to a doctor?” Mom asked dad.

“I think we should.” He answered.

“No it’s alright. I’ll be fine until tomorrow.” I said.

“Poor thing, we were planning to go for a movie today but you need rest.” Mom said.

“You both can go ahead. I’ll be fine here.” I said.

“No, how can we leave you alone when you’re hurt?” Mom asked.

“It’s a small thing mom. Dad is home only on Sundays so just go and enjoy. I want to go back to sleep.” I said and after a long ‘yes’ and ‘no’ they agreed with me.

I saw them leave from my room’s window. I drew the curtains and turned off the light to make the room dark enough for me to sleep.

It wasn’t long after I had fallen asleep that I was woken up by a screeching sound. I sat up,” What was that?” I spoke.

I got out of bed to check whether all the doors were locked or not. I went downstairs and checked all the doors and windows.

“Everything is locked then what was that sound?” I said to myself. I thought it was probably my ear again so I fetched a warm water flask from the kitchen, filled it up and took it upstairs.

__________________________________
Yes, i just showered y'all with so many chapters cuz there's not gonna be an update tomorrow and also since I didn't update Feathers today.