Chapter 4

School-

I couldn't control my excitement in the first four periods. I was just waiting for the bell to ring and run to his classroom. I had bought him a black tie as a gift because it was on his wish list and in my budget.

When the bell rang, I took the gift-wrapped box and went to his classroom.

Canteen-
"I can't believe he's absent on his birthday." I whined.

"Stop crying. You can send him a request on Instagram." Stace suggested.

"You think? He gets hundreds of requests each day. He might ignore mine." I said.

"Don't be so stupid. Just give it a shot. Give me your phone." She said.

"No- I- I'll do it myself when I go home." I said.

"Bet? If you don't, I'll make a fake account and text him." She said.

"Are you for real? Don't ever do that." I said and she laughed.

Home-
I reached home at 9 when mom was getting ready.

"Hurry up and change." She ordered so I went upstairs to my room. I threw my bag on the bed and turned on my Laptop.

"If not now, then never." I said to myself as I opened Instagram and sent Ethan a request message.

Me: Hey Ethan.
Me: I'm Gwen. Idk if you know me by name but I'm sure you've seen me. I'm in grade 12-1.

I left my laptop on and started changing because I knew my request would be lying in his DMs forever.

But I heard a notification sound.

"Some stupid advertisement or E-mail?" I muttered while slipping into my denims.

Another notification

"It's not possible." I said to myself, squinting my eyes at the screen.