Chapter 81

I walked to the table and grabbed the three stone, sapphire ring engraved in a diamond frame. I brought the beautiful blue ring close to my eye to see it well.

"No..." My eyes twitched as I scanned the beautiful sapphire ring's intricate curves and cuts. A vibrant shade of blue, so lively and elegant, like the water glistening in the ocean and the sparkling diamond frame that cupped it, was in the end...stained with a violet dot, which won't be noticeable unless looked so closely.

I felt my head spin as I got the shock of my life," Edwin...Edwin killed..." I couldn't hold back tears. The purple droplet stain on the edge of the ring was making me feel sick. It was...blood indeed. That was why his ring was missing from his finger for a few days. He was probably trying to get the blood off.

I can't take it anymore.

"Even tears won't come out." I shouted at myself," You're so pathetic to hope he wasn't the one who did it! Look at him living his life happily after doing that to Ethan!"

"Gwen?" Edwin asked as he woke up from my shouting. My blood was boiling even hearing him say my name.

"You fucking murderer!" I shouted and grabbed his collar," I'm going to fucking kill you!"

"What are you on about?" He asked, throwing me off the couch, on the floor. He held his head, trying to get to his senses. He was too drunk. He didn't even realize how much force he used to push me.

I fell hard on my shoulder. All I could feel at that moment was pain.

"You killed Ethan...tell me why...WHY?" I sobbed quietly sitting on the floor when I started running out of breath. I wasn't carrying my anxiety pills. I was trying to take deep breaths but I felt a throbbing pain in my chest and my lungs wouldn't intake oxygen. I felt my ribs cracking inside as I fell face-first on the cold floor.

The world's spinning...maybe I'm coming to you soon Ethan and...and I hope no one saves me tonight.

Elijah

I was scared to death. Was I going to lose her?

Hospital-

"Are you the patient's guardian?"

"Yes."

"Then please sign here. Thank you."

"How much time until she wakes up?"

"Her condition is a bit serious so anytime between 2 days."

"Alright, thank you. My son and I are sitting on that bench so please call us if there's anything."

Two days. How much longer do we have to wait until she wakes up fine?

"What are you thinking?" Dad patted my back as he walked back from the reception and sat down beside me.

"Everything. It's unexpected. Back then, how we found the two of them completely devastated and how all this is coming to an end." I said.

"You believe this is the end?" He chuckled and then sighed," We have a long way to go. The lawsuit is going to take ages, especially when his millionaire dad's got money to feed the judges, I doubt we'll ever win."

"If you knew this, why did you even try to solve the case?" I asked.

"I solved this case hoping it wasn't one of them and also...for Ethan. For his desperation. Even if we can't get Edwin Miler behind the bars, at least Ethan will be able to rest." He said.

"I hate to agree with you, dad. but I did this for Ethan's rest too." I said.

"We do have strong evidence though. The pictures in her phone showing how they left the crime scene uncleaned and prevented investigation and the ring, although we still await the DNA reports. But I'm certain Edwin's going to confess his crime because of what he said earlier when we broke into the Mansion." He said and I remembered the whole scene once again.