Chapter 35

He was depressed. He took counselling sessions at the City hospital. But why there when he could afford a better hospital? Did he want to keep the fact hidden from everyone?  And his brother, why would he warn me to keep everything a secret?

"Let's head back honey." Mom said and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Dad, do you mind if i visit you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Of course not, but don't you have cram?" Dad asked back.

"Well I...I just feel you're lonely and need someone by your side." I reasoned myself. I really missed him and his unfunny jokes to see that one smile on my face every day.

"Come on, just a day won't get her grades down. I'll drop her off tomorrow." Mom told dad and after hugging him, I headed back home with mom.

Home-

I freshened up after a hot shower. Mom had told me to do so because she had caught me shivering frantically. I was underdressed for a cold midnight.

My hair were still soaked but I didn't have the energy to dry them. I laid on my bed, wetting the pillow under my head, some of the water dripping down the side of my head and into my ear. I shivered and tugged my head inside the duvet.

I was almost falling into deep sleep when I heard a creak and was alerted.

"Maybe If I cut off my ears..." I muttered and shook my head in order to keep that thought out of my head.

Were my ears really the problem?

"Gwen," Mom called out, followed by more creaking noises," I thought you'd like to eat something."

Damn, we need to fix those wooden stairs. They make me paranoid.

She knocked and opened the door.

"I'm actually hungry." I smiled but I didn't want to leave my bed now that I was finally comfortable.

"Remember when we used to have midnight snacks? Oh how much I wish those days to come back." She said, reminiscing about the time when I was 6. I didn't have any friends so mom had sleepovers with me once a week.

"Me too." I said, nearly in a whisper.

"Anyway, there's a truffle in the fridge. I'll microwave it." She said happily and went downstairs.

I wish everything was normal. I was content with my life. What has happened to me? How can I even tell mom and dad that I might be going insane? It'll break their heart, to know that their only child is crazy.