Chapter 7

I stayed in my room the whole day. I was having panic attacks. Ethan was dead. I couldn’t think straight. I didn’t dare to tell anyone, not even my parents.

What if they arrested me or enquired me about it? Everyone would think I was behind it and I'm already a loner in school. I just want to finish school peacefully.

It was just traumatizing that Ethan wasn’t in this world anymore. I hid the chat instead of deleting it.

I thought I wasn’t in the right state to de-code that third word so I decided to do it later.

13th November
When I woke up, I found myself sitting on the floor, leaning on the wall behind me. I didn’t even have the consciousness of sleeping on my bed.

Mom entered my room when I was about to go to the bathroom.

“Honey, I know we shouldn’t talk about something like this early in the morning but someone from your school committed suicide?” she asked.

“Who told you that?” I asked because there was no way they would find out unless...

“It’s on TV. They’re saying he was from your school.” She answered.

I ran downstairs to the living room where my dad was watching the News.

"The eldest son of Mr. Miler, a well-known Businessman, was found dead last night in his room. Ethan Miler was a high schooler. His father says the death was unexpected. Ethan is said to have committed suicide. He stabbed himself once with a 12 Inches long knife and died due to a heavy loss of blood. After investigating the scene, the police have found nothing on the spot indicating a murder and have declared that it was a suicide. Ethan’s friends and family will be investigated soon about his mental condition and signs of depression." The reporter spoke.

“Gwen, if you ever feel lonely or something bothers you, talk to us alright?” Dad said softly. He was afraid I would end up like Ethan but I wasn’t that of a weakling. I would never kill myself.

“Did you get along well with him?” Mom asked me.

“I didn’t even know him.” I lied.

“It’s got nothing to do with our daughter so don’t ask her.” dad told mom.

“I’ll…get ready for school.” I said and went upstairs.