• Bumping Into Strangers

Loud music is streaming through my ears

Loud music is streaming through my ears. I feel a soft shake on my right arm and as I open my eyes, I see Laura waving in front of my face. I must have fallen asleep. The second I put my EarPods out I hear her voice,

„Ali, you have to put on your seatbelt, we're about to land."

„Oh, right, thanks." I say, rubbing my eyes as I put it on. I grab my phone, turn the music off and put it in my bag along with my EarPods.

„You could have woken me up earlier, so we could talk, I'm so sorry for falling asleep, but my tiredness took over me."

She turns her blonde head to me smirking, „Had a long night, sleepyhead?"

This little bitch.

„Oh, fuck off!" I say, giving her a wink. She knows I had only slept for like two hours, because I graduated yesterday, and my family threw a little party for me. Since our flight to San Diego took of today at 7:40am there wasn't much time left for sleep. The party got a little wild, a few of my friends were there too so, you can imagine.

I studied Veterinary medicine in my hometown at Boston University. It was always my dream to become a vet and now, here I am, gratuaded and on my way to celebrate even more. I'm glad to spend this little trip with Laura. She's my best friend, we know each other since I can think, our moms are best friends too, that makes our bond even stronger. We couldn't see each other recently for a few weeks because she was with her dad, but she came back today for our trip.

We landed in San Diego at around 2 pm, got our baggage that should be enough for a whole month, not only a week, and decided to grab a quick meal at the airport, since my aunt texted me, she would be late. She offered us to stay with her during our visit, so we could hang out a bit. I don't see her much because she lives on the other side of the continent, so I'm glad to spend some time with her.

We have finished our sandwiches and head off to the exit. And there she is, my favorite aunt, God I missed her so much. I hug her tightly as she does the same. She greets Laura, and we head of to her car.

We drove half an hour to her place and used the time to catch up. Aunt Sienna lives in an apartment near the beach, it contains two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a big living room that leads to a breathtaking balcony and a kitchen with the dining area. I love coming down here. We get out of the car and carry our baggage to the guest room. With that done, Laura and I throw ourselves at the big bed, glad to have arrived.

A knock in the door. „Here is a key for each of you, feel like home. I have to be at work in 20 minutes, so I better head of." she announces, handing Laura and me the keys. With a loving smile she exits the room.

„Let's go to the beach, Ali. It's hot outside and the party should start."

„Hell yeah!" I agree, searching through my bag for my bikini. We change clothes, staying in the same room because we don't care if we see each other naked, pack a bag with things we need and head of. Laura is wearing a pink ‚swimsuit', her bottom and top only conected by thin stripes, a black skirt and her pilot sunglasses, while I'm wearing my olive-green triangle bikini that covers only the important parts of my body, combined with my light denim jeans shirts, my favorite Boston Red Socks Cap and my round hippy sunglasses.

On the way to the beach a few guys glance in our direction, but I can't take amiss, considering the lack of clothes we're wearing. It also boosts our self-confidence, so we don't mind.

We stop at the first beach bar, ordering two cocktails. The bartender smiles while handing us our drinks. Laura ordered a Sex on the Beach and for me it is, as always, a Long Isand Iced Tee. By taking the first sip of my drink, I feel the cold liquid on the one hand cool me down but on the other heat my throat up as I feel strong taste of rum and vodka. I love strong liquor, always have.

„This will be the best trip ever!" Laura screams in my ear according to the loud music.

„I'm so happy spending it with my best friend. I missed you, loser." i smirk, leaning in to hug her.

„Aww, I missed you too, loony." she replies, hugging me even tighter.

We spent the whole afternoon chatting, while checking out cute guys and enjoying life. After we had finished the cocktails, we moved to beer and after a few of them we were dancing to the very good music that blasts from the speakers. A couple songs later I find Laura dancing with one of the guys we talked about a few moments before. By that opportunity I whisper in her ear, „I'm going to the toilet, be right back.", before heading of. The toilet is behind the beach bar, so I turn the corner, a little too fast, and bump straight into a hard body. I feel myself tumble after this crash, but two strong hands keep me from falling.

„Wow, is everything okay?" I hear a deep voice ask down to me.

Fucking hell.

As I lift my head towards the voice, I see a tall, muscular guy with an amazing sexy beard in front of me, who's still holding me tight.

Don't think I'm strange and have a fetish for beards, but his is just aaargh...

He wears a pair of black trunks, an open black and white shirt which hangs on his trained shoulders and a cap with sunglasses. I steady myself on his arms and straighten up. As I stand upright again, he loosens his grip around me.

„Y-yes, sorry for bumping into you, I got a little fast." I chuckle, making him smile at me, revealing his perfect teeth. Oh my god that man is breathtaking. Looking down I see a bottle of beer laying in the ground, that he must have been his. Following my gaze, he says „Don't worry I'll get myself another one, just glad the beer felt on the ground and not you."

„I'm so sorry," I say, „I should get you another one."

„No, you don't have to-"

„Oh yes I have to, I literally kicked it out of your hands."

„You won't give in, won't you?" he replies with a smirk on his lips.

„Never."

„Interesting. Well, if that's the case, I guess I don't have a choice." the smirk never leaving his face.

Oh God, fuck me.